Ghosting on lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by illiquid, Jan 31, 2007.

1. I have faint chart "ghosts" that I can see no matter what is in front, they are very light but looks like somehow got burned in. It seems they do go away after a while but this effect keeps recurring -- anything to do to prevent this?

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

3. Doh, I just figured out what's going on. What I'm getting is a kind of "shadow" projected from the charts on my right monitor onto the left that move if I adjust them. Weird, because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the placement of the shadows. Anyone else get this? I am using 2 planar monitors, one on analog and the other on digital, if that makes any difference.

4. Not sure if this is related, but since it's vastly improved my LCD displays I'll describe it. I did see some elements of "ghosting" and were able to eliminate it.

LCD on analog uses a sampling process to create the image. The sampling process can be controlled with what is often called the "phase". I've found that I could dramatically improve the image quality on my analog LCD by adjusting the phase. It takes a little bit of experimentation as changing the phase isn't a linear process. You adjust the phase on the monitor controls.

Worth a try.

5. Hey thanks vikana, that worked pretty well, I can't get rid of it completely but it's much improved now. Much appreciated!

6. gnome

gnome

Is your video card an ATI DVI/VGA dualhead? They are nortorious for degraded VGA display.

7. I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200. The monitor I'm using on analog seems barely less sharp than the digital, overall I've been pretty happy with the picture quality in general.

I wonder how this projected shadow happens, they also "overlap" or stack like regular windows. I think it's specific to my realtick program as it's the only thing stretched across both screens.

8. Holagon lamps too close to computer monitors will cause the problem you are having.

9. I have a couple "FML" fluorescent lamps nearby but they are never on.

#10     Jan 31, 2007