Ghost of If You Can Draw A Straight Line

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbphoenix, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r3algood

r3algood

Db,

I believe it would be helpful for all if you would create a video of you going through the SLA process in real time. It could be as simple as you talking over a screenshare video of your live trading or replay of a chosen day.

I think this would help those who have the general idea of SLA, but need to reinforce the mindset of trading it in real time.

Is this a possibility?

(It might be beneficial to create a thread dedicated to videos of applying SLA, including replay and live trades. I may create this if the interest is there.)

#941     Apr 22, 2014
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I've traded it in real time, here and in chat, but it has little effect. Given how simple it is, the problem is not the trading but the failure to trade it as prescribed. Since this is nearly always the result of fear, there's nothing more I can do in that regard.

I suggest that those who are interested plot these lines on their charts after their sessions are over. Then compare that with what they actually did. If they do this on a regular basis, then what they did and what they should have done should achieve a closer approximation. If the two remain separate and distinct, another thousand posts isn't going to help, nor will an animated demonstration. It just isn't that difficult.

#942     Apr 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.