Ghost of If You Can Draw A Straight Line

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbphoenix, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Now it's not quite so simple since we came within just a few points of the trendline yesterday which, by then and now was/is at 3500. The climactic behavior we were looking for occurred as price did not spend 20+ bars drifting sideways but rather hit the bottom and bounced. And it bounced high enough to get past the halfway level of the previous downmove, at 22+/-.

But then buyers couldn't hold it, and price dropped back down below 22 to initiate a feeble test of the low. This "test", however, didn't amount to much, and price began drifting sideways forming a "hinge", i.e., sellers made a half-hearted attempt to push prices down while buyers made a half-hearted attempt to push prices up, each seeking equilibrium, or balance. None of this was resolved by the NY close, though after-hours traders took price all the way up to the supply line, which is where we are now.

Yesterday I said that one could lighten up at the bottom and just take the 60pts. Depending on how many contracts were being held, one or more could be sold after the higher low after hours. The remainder can be sold if we break decisively above the supply line, preparing for a long.

Will price simply turn gently and head back where it came from? It might. Or it could plunge 500pts to the bottom of the long-term trend channel. Given the 80pt drop, though, it could just drift sideways for a while. Once you've tested the extremes as we have, you just have to play it as it lays. The easy part is most likely over.

As for the hyperactive, I'll remind them that there have been only two trades, one long, one short, both profitable. Those interested can work out the commissions, win rate, profit to loss ratio and so forth themselves.

And for those who are just tuning in, scroll back to the previous charts, beginning with the first post, for context. There aren't that many, and only the pertinent lines have been brought forward to avoid clutter.

P.S. I should also point out that while AAPL is showing at least some strength, MSFT isn't. INTC and ORCL are a little weak. CSCO and GOOG are neutral. The odds, therefore, suggest at least some weakness.

But who knows?

#21     Jan 7, 2014
  2. MadeMan

MadeMan

now that we have broken the supplyline , we could get ready for
    a long on the first ret. however we would trade right into the
    50%(549) mark of the preceeding down move , one should also
    consider that

#22     Jan 7, 2014
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Lest anyone focus too much on the supply line, note that we are experiencing difficulties here due to the lateral movement (or non-movement) from Friday morning through yesterday morning.

#23     Jan 7, 2014
  4. MadeMan

MadeMan

nevertheless , after lets call it a "shakeout"(the retr.i was
    refering/waiting)) there was a long setup presenting itself ..
    (5min/1min) , not ?

[​IMG]

#24     Jan 7, 2014
  5. MadeMan

MadeMan

still making HH/HLs however approaching 549.. then it may get
    interresting ;)

#25     Jan 7, 2014
  6. MadeMan

MadeMan

ready for exit and short :cool: if tha markets trades to me

[​IMG]

#26     Jan 7, 2014
  7. MadeMan

MadeMan

exit , no short thou may get choppy

[​IMG]

@DB Sorry for spamming ! your thread! will stay quite for a while ;)

#27     Jan 7, 2014
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Whether or not one took the long yesterday, the concerns are the same: the halfway level of the overall downmove and the demand line:

#28     Jan 8, 2014
  9. You have created an interesting thread DB, but a question please..why should price obey strait lines? You don't think the algo's and the bots haven't seen your lines before and take them into consideration?

#29     Jan 8, 2014
  10. The Facts and Figures are very relevant.

#30     Jan 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.