Ghosn Scandal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dealmaker, Nov 19, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Nissan Probe

The SEC is now looking at whether Nissan was forthright about its executive pay in the U.S. and provided enough controls to protect against improper payments, giving the company more headaches in the wake of former chair Carlos Ghosn's fall from grace. Nissan has confirmed receiving an inquiry. Bloomberg

#21     Jan 28, 2019
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ghosn Claim

Ousted Nissan/Mitsubishi/Renault chief Carlos Ghosn has done his first interview since his November arrest. He claims the variety of financial impropriety allegations that he faces are actually "plot and treason" against him, perpetrated by Nissan executives who wanted to stop him from integrating the trinity of automakers. BBC

#22     Jan 30, 2019
    gwb-trading likes this.
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ghosn Lawyers

Carlos Ghosn has just shaken up his legal team, ahead of his trial on various financial misconduct charges. Motonari Otsuru and Masato Oshibuko submitted letters of resignation to the court today, giving no reason for their decision. However, Ghosn told the Wall Street Journal that it was his call and represents "the beginning of the process of not only establishing my innocence but also shedding light on the circumstances that led to my unjust detention." WSJ

#23     Feb 13, 2019
  4. I have no subscription to WSJ so can't read the full article. Does it mention who is on Ghosn's new legal team?

#24     Feb 14, 2019
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

#25     Feb 14, 2019
  6. #26     Feb 15, 2019
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ghosn Bail

A Tokyo court has granted bail to former Nissan chair Carlos Ghosn, set at a billion yen ($9 million). However, that's not to say Ghosn will definitely be leaving his cell. Prosecutors, who almost always get their way in Japan, have appealed the decision, and if they levy a new charge against Ghosn, he can automatically be held for up to 22 days. Ghosn's family says they will appeal to the United Nations Human Rights Council over his lengthy detention. Al Jazeera

#27     Mar 5, 2019
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ghosn Out

Carlos Ghosn is out of jail, after prosecutors failed in their appeal against his bail approval. The former Nissan chair has to stay in Japan and be closely monitored, as part of his $9 million bail conditions. "I am extremely grateful for my family and friends who have stood by me throughout this terrible ordeal," said Ghosn, who was detained for 108 days. If convicted of allegedly understating his income and other charges, he faces up to 15 years. CNN

#28     Mar 6, 2019
    gwb-trading likes this.
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Ghosn Announcement

Former Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn says he will hold a press conference on April 11, at which he will "tell the truth about what's happening." The announcement came via a newly-created Twitter account bearing the blue check mark of authenticity. Ghosn denies the various financial misconduct charges laid against him in Japan, and claims they are the result of a conspiracy against him. Bangkok Post

#29     Apr 3, 2019
  10. #30     Apr 4, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.