ghco...yes or no?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ebayuser, May 18, 2006.

1. where are you now bsmeter?!?!?!?!?!

#41     Jul 28, 2006
  2. I know there are certain posters who are clearly GHCO equivalents of Jehovah witnesses. My favourite biased poster is Boblman who only posts the marvelous ways of GHCO......funny that he only appeared after the whole Schatzman posts hammered their reputation.

Schatzman for those who don't know or remember was a disgruntled GHCO newbie (well that was his claim) and lets just say that he really let the cat and many secrets out of the bag. I won't repeat his stories and claims and the posts are long removed.....but it seemed that EVERY prop shop and bank dealing room at the time were laughing their balls off as GHCO was wiping the egg from their faces. They were some hilarious posts....best I've ever read in fact.

Anyway after that a super pro-GHCO poster called the Boblman (obviously a GHCO response to the Schatzman) would storm onto any GHCO thread and sing their praises and call traders greedy for wanting better deals once they gained their experience. It was like the words coming straight from the owners mouths......OR TYPING FINGERS :eek: !!

#42     Jul 28, 2006
  3. I remember one poster once saying that snakes cannot take too much direct sun light :D

My favourite part of the Schatzman posts was the list of nick names that the newbie grads had for Ralph :p . Let's just say that they were very clever and hit the nail bang on its head, LOL.

#43     Jul 28, 2006
  4. i remember shatzman. they were funny days as the rumours as to who it was escalated.

come on boblman - get your act together and defend the firm!

give us some more amusement...

#44     Jul 28, 2006
  5. i'd forgotten those nicknames from the shatzman posts...they were truly inspired and damn funny!

wasn't one of them something to do with lizards and their degree of slippery-ness?

#45     Jul 28, 2006
  6. There were a few, many relating to lizards and scales. The turkey neck name was the most memorable for me... :D .

Like you I remember all the traders I know speculating who it was. It was great fun accusing people and then seeing those widely rumoured as the culprit getting panicked as they thought GHCO would target them .:mad:

No joke when I say it seemed every arcade in London and chi-town was stopping trading to enjoy those posts.

#46     Jul 28, 2006
  7. artis74

artis74

I think you should notice there is a significant amount of time between the post you are comparing squad. These are not people I want to be affiliated with under any circumstances.

#47     Jul 28, 2006
  8. Getting to the point, are you saying that GHCO fired you and now you have a different view of them? That wouldn't suprise me as I have known a few loyal GHCO employees (supporters) change their tune once they were fired.

You say that you no longer wish to be associated with THESE people, so why the change of heart after singing their song in the past? Best of luck with your career anyway.....I am not trying to gloat, just trying to unravel the truth. Personally to answer the post question I would say a big NO to a GHCO offre but that is just my own opinion knowing the alternative employers out there.

#48     Jul 28, 2006
  9. FITENOB

FITENOB

I don't know why everyone is crying about ghco, life goes on, my take is everyone is young enough to dust off any issues and rebound & become very succesful at trading. the fact you keep up with elitetrader is a good sign. Who cares if they if they were good or bad, move on, you'll be much better off psychologically( could,shoulda, woulda).

lets talk about something like what they learned ghco(good & bad), scalping, spreading, getting blasted during a number, people constantly crying on how the market screwed them on their fill.....

#49     Jul 28, 2006
  10. no one here is crying about ghco...myself, iliad, and kamikaze were just reminiscing about the amount of people we know who have been dragged into legal action by gh. and the fun we used to have winding people up. i left on good terms...and look back on life at ghco in london as two of the best years of my life. we had a great bunch of guys in london in the early 2000's. money was easy to come by...and so was the post work booze!

if you read some of my earlier posts i give a balanced view of life at gh...to help the originator of this thread. the training was good when i was there. they will claim it is the best in the world...but how hard is it to tell someone that the bund moves twice as fast as the bobl, and the bobl twice as fast as the shatz...therefore trade 100 shatz, 50 bobl, and 25 bund against each other....there's a TT and CQG...go.

There you go...the entire gh curriculum in 10 seconds!!

i am being deliberately facetious here. the support was pretty good in the early days. but really and truly...the training program didn't amount to much. it was kind of...if you're good you're good..if not...well, you're just not cut out for this.

but on the flipside...i don't think there's much more you can teach an intra day trader apart from the basics...then it's up to the trader himself to better himself.

in summation...we are not crying...i had great fun there...and met some of my closest friends. i learnt a lot...mostly off my own back, but they taught the basics well. would i change anything....hell no - it was great...and i am now self-employed and loving it.

would i join if there were firms offering the same or better, but none of the threat of litigation/5yr contract. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Do not underestimate the fact that they love a lawsuit - no matter who you are.

ps - what's the story artis? we're all friends here...

#50     Jul 29, 2006