ghco...yes or no?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ebayuser, May 18, 2006.

1. Thank you for your response. Do you know if any of these firms have offices in New York.

#31     Jul 27, 2006
  2. bsmeter

bsmeter

So in effect what you're saying is this message board has a habit of giving out the IP addresses of those who post here?

Well lets suppose that's the case. Now I know most traders post from their offices when trading is slow to kill time between trades. So how do you know who in the office is doing the posting? So in effect you're suggesting that the guys new office sort of figured out who the guy posting against ghco was and gave out that info?

dude, come on now. Do you actually think we're that stupid? Do you know what happens to message baords that have a habit of giving out posters IP addresses? They dissapear into the internet ether in a matter of months since posters quit posting. Traders are some of the most secretive people, you think this message board would be getting the hits it gets if rumor spreads that it gives out IP addresses?

You destroyed your own credibilty by posting blatant and obvious lies. :D

#32     Jul 28, 2006
  3. you are brilliant bsmeter. i love you. or should i call you by your real name....mr.goldenberg!!!!!!

this is ridiculous...i am not lying...i know the two guys very well...i saw the letter!

not everyone's username conceals their identidy. perhaps these two guys were not the smartest tools in the box...but they used their own names as usernames.

if you're still not getting it...allow me to demonstrate.

my name for example, is john smith...and my username is, wait for it....johnsmith. i have just left ghco and want to let people know about it and do so via a traders forum.

like i said...if you're going to attack the most litigious of company's...probably best not to use your real name...but that's neither here nor there.

either stop defending what you know nothing about or, if you are a goldenberg employee/owner, just accept that you are a highly litigious company and that people deserve to know that before making a decision on whether to join.

i thank you!!!

#33     Jul 28, 2006
  4. Iliad

Iliad

The two posts were easily attributable, as the posters in question used their own names, not aliases. Neither of the posts were in any way libellous, they contained verifiable fact and justified opinion. GHCO's best policy would have been to ignore it. Instead, they used the threat of litigation and its expense to persuade one of the critics to post a retraction and apology. Elite Trader then removed the post altogether, presumably after receiving a similar threat. Fear of the cost of litigation is a powerful weapon, and Goldenberg uses at willl. He loves the company of lawyers: his legal bill over the last five years must be in the 3 - 5 million GBP bracket, to absolutely no effect, save to enrich his lawyers.

#34     Jul 28, 2006
  5. Iliad

Iliad

Neither was - sorry

#35     Jul 28, 2006
  6. none of the aforementioned firms have offices in NY. sorry.

#36     Jul 28, 2006
  7. Check out this link;

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48646&highlight=Hehmeyer

Kind of proves what they are really like at GHCO and that is from one of the owners Chris Hehmeyer which is why the thread was closed and nobody could reply. He is threatening to pursue people and GHCO have deleted numerous threads from this site previously so of course ET is handing out IP addresses. Add to that the fact that the two posters concerend were stupid enough to leave clues to their identity. The first actually signed off the post with his name because he is brave....the seconds is a fool with an absurdly obvious username.

GHCO is NOT a place that offers the best deal.....and looking at the link above proves their determination to be nasty with those who cross swords with them :D .

#37     Jul 28, 2006
  8. Lets see if I now get banned for highlighting that thread....even though it is in the public domain and old Hehmeyer intentionally left it as a threat to the trading world.

#38     Jul 28, 2006
  9. i love it when these ghco threads get re-opened. it really does help the trading session fly by. especially when you read the kind of things that bsmeter and artis74 like to post!!!!

#39     Jul 28, 2006
  10. Iliad

Iliad

If you believe in what you have to say and what you say is true, then it is more effective if you put your name to your opinion. The pomposity of that fool Hehmeyer in his post is spectacular. How could criticising the behaviour of his firm possibly be criminal. GHCO operates in a brutal manner in a brutal industry - they should be big enough to shrug off a few posts on a web forum. Unless, of course, the truth hurts...............

#40     Jul 28, 2006