GHCO Interview

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by kamdooo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. so is it the lame market or the lame traders??? what looks bad is the numerous times GHCO threatens legal action....very litigious firm. is this the type of reputation these guys want......not a very good business model if you ask me.

#31     Apr 28, 2005
  2. Boblman is implying the only traders to dislike GHCO are poor traders and ungrateful traders!

Either you're ill informed or imensely disillusioned as to the true nature of peoples genuine grievances.

Suggest you try reading the numerous previous posts that GHCO haven't censured or get your head out of your own ass.

#32     Apr 28, 2005
  3. Obviously Boblman works for GH .. for all we know it could be Chris Hehmeyer or Ralph Goldenberg using an alias :D

#33     Apr 28, 2005
  4. Boblman

Boblman

Thanks for the insult nonotechno.. .how intelligent of you. The fact is that most (not all... dont remember saying all) people who leave GH before their contract is up dont make money (and let's face it this is the industry you guys are in) and then sit around not making money elsewhere for the next several years whining about GH. The simple fact is, by my understanding, is that no one makes you sign the deal in the first place. Please correct me if Im wrong.

If I'm not wrong.... and you do sign (through your own choice)... why does that give the trader the right to go back on his word the moment he becomes profitable and sees a better deal (for a TRAINED trader) elsewhere?

I dont work at a prop shop and so dont know the general etiquette... maybe I'm old fashioned but my word's my bond.

#34     Apr 30, 2005
  5. Boblman

Boblman

That should read I dont work at a prop shop anymore. Maybe, I am therefore out of touch with the general vibe of you guys nowadays.

#35     Apr 30, 2005
  6. There´re some people saying man is made out of a mud
    but a poor man's made of muscle and blood
    muscle, blood and skin and bones
    a mind that's weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons and what do you get
    Another day older and deeper in debt
    Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to the company store

well I was born one morning
    When the sun didn't shine
    I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
    I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
    And the strawboss said "Well best my soul"

I was born one mornin in the drizzling rain
    Fightin' and trouble that´s my middle name
    I was raised in the bottoms by a mama hound
    i was mean as a dog in this generous land

If you see me comin' better step aside
    A lotta man didn't and a lotta men died
    I´ve got a fist of iron and a fist of steel
    and if the right one don't get you
    Then the left one will

#36     Apr 30, 2005
  7. but if my son came for me for advice it would be:

get the best training that is available and dont worry about the money... once you get good, the money will find you...

thats from a non-pro, self-taught trader wearing slippers in front of home-office trading station. definitely not a pro, but thats the advice i would give.

#37     Apr 30, 2005
  8. the markets change and training becomes obsolete.... what these prop firms offer is leverage. but one does not need to sell their soul for 5 years to get this leverage. imho

#38     Apr 30, 2005
  9. So Boblman this isn't an insult???? Only "Lame Traders" have a problem with GH?? Ok.

Yes people do sign the contract and so you could say that it's their own fault but, at the risk of repeating others opinions in the million and one threads already dedicated to this subject, those individuals who do sign are generally recent grads who don't know any better. Grads who just want a chance to try a job trading and would probably be going for roles at investment banks also and wouldn't actually think that a firm could hold you to ransom for five years just because they pay you a salary.

Although, thanks to the threads on ET the number of instances of grads signing up completely unprepared should be reduced.

Also, traders can have a grievance with GH and not be ungrateful for the start they were given. The issues people have are not just related to the five year period, there are a whole host of other things such as attitudes of management, direction of firm, working environment, ability to trade other products etc. All of which are reasons why one might want out. It's your life and your career and if you think GH are holding you back you surely have a right to complain??

#39     Apr 30, 2005
  10. kamdooo

kamdooo  

thats well put. GH, evil or not? Who cares?

Bottom line: its your life, its your career. The freedom to choose should be yours.

Thats how the courts view non-competes. Most reasonable people would agree.

#40     Apr 30, 2005