GHCO-Chicago

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ehoofnagle, Feb 9, 2008.

1. AMW

AMW

Is there anyone else who can explain how the 5-day training program went? Is anyone trading liove yet?

#21     Feb 11, 2008
  2. Do they make you walk over hot coals w/ your barefeet?

#22     Feb 11, 2008
  3. kremers07

kremers07

Not to get off subject, but can anyone answer how long they keep you on the simulator?
    They have another training class/"Boot Camp" starting at the begining of April, and I would like to know when I can expect to be trading live. I know it depende on how I do on the simulator, but can someone give me there expereience?

I keep seeing GH's name come up as one of the better places to work, especially starting out, but then I read this thread and it seems almost like a joke?

I dont mind putting up with the loudmouth for a week, but once you are out of the class, is it a good place to be?

#23     Mar 10, 2008
  4. To answer your question about the simulator, its very arbitrary. If you come from a successful and profitable trading background you might go live fairly quickly. If you are green and do not have a recent track record you will be stimulating for a long time. With no pay. There is no hard fast rule. There are people that have been stimulating for the last 6 months.

Point blank, they are looking for high volume traders that can generate consistent returns of $2000+day. They are looking for 1-2 people from each class.Nothing wrong with that.

But if you are everything they are looking for in a trader,($2000+/day),why go there and give up 50% + fees??? What do they offer that you cannot get anywhere else. Thats the question you have to ask yourself.

#24     Mar 10, 2008
  5. Can you trade multiple products at the same time?

#25     Mar 10, 2008
  6. AMW

AMW

I didn't think 5 days of training and simulated trading was worth 4 years of a 50/50 split.

#26     Mar 10, 2008

7. that says it for me......

shame on you for either not:
    • having the intelligence to learn from this environment no matter how distasteful they evidently were to you
    • not having the dignity to honor yourself first for having associated with them and then failed in that endeavour
    • continue to trade barbs on this thread and cast dispersions on GHCO, or whomever they or this guy are
    • thinking that taking a walk would clarify things for you
    • taking an overly simplistic approach to this whole cast of characters and complaining

trading is worse than becoming a Navy Seal. I used to work with some interesting characters from the Vietnam War who saw active duty in country, and some other Marines who were cub-scouts (enlisted without overseas active duty billets),

in short order, even trading was too much for them too, so no dispersions to those gentlemen, but this is one of the hardest careers anyone can attempt to succeed at.

the expression, dumb luck applies to those who succeed without doing the homework or having the true skills to repeat their success over and over again, without drifting down the slime sewer and into the hands of the men in black with 3 letter badges.

perhaps you might want to consider just investing instead of trading where you set the environment, pace, atmosphere and structure....

those who I have seen succeed at trading have their own monetary success to praise them, and not students in some hastily contrived class.

those who teach are rarely good teachers, but were put there because they knew how to short an over bloated idea and buy an underrated idea and hedge against a flat market....

not skills that everyone can pick up....

---------

hey, no one is talking fast, perhaps we're just listening slow, hmmmm

----------

(now for comic humor), GHCO, you owe me one, big time!

#27     Mar 10, 2008
  8. Very thoughtful and insightful words.

#28     Mar 10, 2008
  9. I am actually thinking of joining this firm myself. I have heard that GHCO, Gelber and Transmarket Group are some of the top dogs in Chicago. But like previously said, this thread makes them GHCO sound like a complete circus!

Is there anybody out there that currently trades for this firm? What are your thoughts and what is the deal with them? Also since they are located in the CBOT are they mainly a bond firm or a grain firm?

Thanks

#29     Mar 10, 2008
  10. Are you trading live yet? It's been two months since this original post. 6 months or more of auditioning. So how goes it?

#30     Apr 16, 2008