GHCO-Chicago

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ehoofnagle, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Drew07

Drew07

Wow I think you're being really sensitive about this. It was an amusing interpretation of this guy's bootcamp and quite frankly I think that anyone who responds to that kind of leadership is a joke themself. If you want to get into trading because some big-mouth prick tells you how rich he is and how great of a person he is then you're a sucker.

#11     Feb 10, 2008
  2. That's right, good idea. Make this about me instead of what it's really about. You running your mouth off and blaming other people for your own problems.

Let's review what you have stated: You want a job trading with somebody else's money, but you aren't willing to play by their rules. Hmmmmm. Okay. Then- when you discover that you don't fit the bill for a GH Trader you grump about it here casting dispersions of anger so that everybody can feel sorry for poor you. Not only that- you criticize the methods that make the company money, and heck, you even criticize Tony Robbins as well. So what I tried to do was offer you the other side of the coin thinking to myself maybe you'd come around and say gee, maybe this guys right. Maybe I should just rethink what happened to me there at GH so I can learn from it. But I was wrong. It's the "hack's" fault (as YOU called him) your not trading there- or maybe it's Tony Robbins fault because we sure as heck know it ain't YOUR fault that you're not trading at GH.

Like I said before, I wish you luck. I'm sure you're a hard charger and you'll find another shop to trade at. And I hope that you can get past all of that gunk that's making you shoot arrows at ghosts.

#12     Feb 10, 2008
  3. Drew, don't believe this guy. It didn't go down like that- and that's a fact.

#13     Feb 10, 2008
  4. Serenity Now,

I truly wanted to drop this but you have totally crossed the line with your bullshit babbling. I have tried to end this topic but you keep stating I am a liar so I feel compelled to defend myself.
    You didn't answer my question about being a live trader or a sim trader. I am curious. I suspect you are a sim trader. A live profitable trader would not get his panties in such a bunch about this.
    Have you ever traded anywhere else? How long have you traded? Are you even profitable? Have you ever been profitable? You do not have a clue about me and yet you feel you can pass judgment and question my character like your some kind of authority. Just because YOU need the "Leadership" at that firm does not mean every other trader does. Do you think thats the only place to trade firm capital? It's not.
    I cant help but laugh at your interpretation of things. Your "Lets review..." section in your last post is quite funny. Go back and READ my original post. Slowly.

1. You do not know me or my trading ability.
    2. You do not even know when I was at GH.
    3. When did I state, "I didn't fit the bill"???When did I blame anyone for not being there???When did I ask or even imply I wanted pity, or wish I was still there???
    4. When did I criticize Tony Robbins???I merely stated that Tony Robbins methods are referenced continually throughout Boot Camp.

Lastly, what did I state in my post that was not truthful? State even one thing that I lied about. You cant. So enough of your holier than though crap. Every single thing I posted was true. The boot camp is more about him and his ego than anything else. And don't sit there and tell me that he doesn't have an inflated opinion of himself. C'mon dude. I realize your drunk on the Kool-aid but lets call a spade a spade. I heard continuously that he was "the best coach in the world",that he thought he was the toughest guy around and continuously name drop about topics that had zero to do with becoming better traders.

I AM DONE !!!!!

#14     Feb 10, 2008
  5. You sure are my friend.

#15     Feb 10, 2008
  6. Jerry030

Jerry030

I don't know anything about the specifics of the people and event in question, but I'd like to add a question of my own.

Why do people who either state or imply that they have both a expert understanding of the markets AND an ability to trade it with consistent and outstanding returns bother to do seminars, live chat room, write books and do training videos?

I can't see the economics of it.

To do the math:

Assume that for every hour I follow a market I can earn a return of $X-Profit. Since my time and consciousness is limited when doing the best quality job of making market decision, even with 6 computers and 12 monitors there is a theoretical limit on how many instruments I can trade. Perhaps that is 20 or 50 or 1000, but lets call
    it MLimit.

Lets assume that with global markets one can trade 12 hours a day ( sleep being 8 hours and 4 hours to enjoy the profits form trading).

So one could trade 12 hrs a day x 5 days a week to make
    (12 x 5) = 60 hours per week
    60 hours x $X-Profit = 60$X-Profit

Now if you spend half your time writing, lecturing, talking in trading rooms, giving seminars perhaps you have only 30 hours a week to actually trade. So we have

30$X-Proift from trading

AND

?$X-Profit from selling services, books, running trading rooms,
    lecturing at investment seminars.

So if one sets up some hypothetical rates of return from both actual trading and
    Selling services to other traders and uses Excel Solver or something more sophisticated to solve for the unknown values, I come up with the following statements, where some part of one, several or all must contain some true elements:

1) Such people have a modest amount of money in the market, hence even with excellent trading results their profits are modest, and so the second income as a service seller is attractive

2) Such people have large amount of money in the markets but their return on account is modest, so a second income as a service seller is required to make a living.

3) Such people make more money selling services to other traders than they make actually trading.

4) Such people have extensive knowledge so they make good teachers/lecturers/authors but for whatever reason they don’t make good traders even though they have the ability to teach others to do so.

5) Such people have made al they money they need form trading and out of boredom take on a new career as a service seller.

6) Being a service seller to other traders is extremely profitable.

Can anyone explain to me why with an asset that is so valuable (the ability to trade very profitability) one would sell/transfer it to others instead of keeping it for their own use?

Now I asked this of a guy selling a $3,000 system at a trading seminar a few years ago and he said he was selling it because “Jesus told me to”. Sadly that is the only answer I can come up with that makes sense.

Jerry

I spend

#16     Feb 10, 2008
  7. "I would follow that "hack" you described into the pits of hell."
    Hilarious.
    Anyone got a biscuit for the good doggy?

But seriously I'm sure he would go with you into the pits of hell too (whatever that means) as long as you were making good money. On a daily basis.

#17     Feb 11, 2008
  8. artis74

artis74

"landmark forum education"

#18     Feb 11, 2008
  9. Jerry030

Jerry030

Isn't Landmark a reincarnation of EST?

I didn't know they where into trading systems.
    What kind of profitability does their system produce in stocks?

Isn't that the group that won't let you go to the bathroom for 10 hours at a time?

Some comments form the Internet:

"To round things up, everything in short:

1. THE BAIT
    A friend/relative tricks you with the most sincere words into attending an introductory meeting, while appealing to your trust and curiosity, or actual weakness, or all of the above.

2. THE TRAP
    Group pressure techniques and wordplay are used upon you and at least 100 more people in 3 days, during which, proper rest and natural needs are denied from you.

3. THE EFFECT
    Overwhelming. Might lead to personality disorders. The Forum becomes the most important thing, not its outcomes. You might become a zealot for the Forum (without even registering for the advanced courses), or addicted to it by registering for more, or both. The real effect, most importantly, is economically beneficial to the Forum (unless, of course, you lose your mind and sue them...) "

#19     Feb 11, 2008
  10. SDticks

SDticks

There's usually at least one guy like this at a lot of firms. I found it amusing, can break up an otherwise dull or stressful day with a laugh.

#20     Feb 11, 2008