GG, November - It Begins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 17, 2002.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

very much so......thanks for the post

#41     Nov 20, 2002
  2. ElCubano:

Thanks for the kind words. In reviewing my post after it was online I realized that I meant for it to have a more positive tone to it. I'm glad that some of that intention did leak out. I guess I have to brush up on my writing skills. :)

#42     Nov 20, 2002
  3. Now that's what I'm talikin' about Mr. Mays!

:)

#43     Nov 20, 2002
  4. That's my new favorite definition of what trading is.

#44     Nov 20, 2002
  5. Oh, of course. Asking GG to post his current trades into his JOURNAL, what was I thinking! Why in the world would he want to do that...

:eek:

#45     Nov 20, 2002
  6. i don't want to bicker with you. however, i want to make the following point. this is taken directly from ET:

"The place for keeping a daily journal of wins, losses, and anything else related to your quest of becoming a better trader."

NihabaAshi, this is not directed particularly at you... but, anyone who is outraged because i have 1 single journal thread without trades yet--which can easily not be read--IMO needs to leave the house more. :p how difficult is it to not click on this thread if you aren't interested in it? :confused:

this is my last post regarding this.

#46     Nov 21, 2002
  7. yes tripack, great quote. it makes sense to me. my main problem seems to be.... i can come up with many systems. i can have the rules and i can follow them. but i get discouraged when i go through all that work, make a month's worth of trades, and find out i barely made money or lost money with commissions. the edge is my problem. i have discipline and i'm smart enough to think of interesting concepts, but my ideas just don't seem to "beat" the market. people can sit around all day and make rules for their system, but if they don't give you a positive expectancy, you've still got problems.

#47     Nov 21, 2002
  8. sayheywillie, thanks for the post. just for the record, in the chat room, i never got fully into the system that uses that pattern. the pattern is an element, but i also realize the pattern itself won't work. when i traded it, i had many filters in addition to the pattern. i also had a lot of ideas on how the pattern could be played. anyway, i know i'm babbling. i just want to be clear that i do realize you can't just take that pattern and play it every time it occurs. if i were to expand on a system in this journal, i would probably start with that one.

#48     Nov 21, 2002
  9. Is this thread a trading journal?

#49     Nov 21, 2002
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Which is the point of posting trades in a journal. How can people comment on what you're doing if they don't know what you're doing? If you refuse to post the trades, then one can be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that you're not so much interested in improving your results as you are in finding an audience for your complaints about how awful everything is.

--Db

#50     Nov 21, 2002