GG, November - It Begins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 17, 2002.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You're right about not being able to say anything terribly pertinent until the trades are posted. Having "ideas" tends to set off alarms in my head. My first questions whenever anybody asks about a chart are (1) is it trending, (2) if it's trending, is it trending up or down, (3) if it's trending, how strongly is it trending? Few people can answer those questions, and if they don't know the answers, I can't see where ideas are going to come to the rescue.

--Db

#21     Nov 18, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

I agree - I have suggested in the chatroom that GG be mentored by other traders, e.g., glassinc, 777, or surf. Those guys use relatively objective "systems" and are more easily learned...

FWIW, my style is very similar to Oldtrader, except that my targets are much smaller. It is probably too difficult to "extract" the gold from the crap...

nitro

#22     Nov 18, 2002
  3. yes, nitro probably does have a lot more experience than me. however, i have also been trading for YEARS. some people seem to think i just opened up my trading account. i've been real trading since 1999. i just haven't got the hang of it, yet. a lot of people like to suggest quitting to me, too. i'm not quitting.

#23     Nov 18, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

GG, are you bored with the paper trading already?

#24     Nov 18, 2002
  5. Dustin

Dustin

At this stage in the game your very best option is to go prop. The only excuse not to is laziness or lack of discipline to get the license.

#25     Nov 19, 2002
  6. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

GG, remember, don't whine... don't ask questions... just do it....

Don't question your mentor whether it be 777, surf, or glass.

Questions are for you to answer and for you to find the answer. That's the way to step out into your own style from your mentor's. Still, it's a good idea to tell them what your questions and answers you got from it, just to make sure you're in the right track.

Luckily, you've got a person to follow whether it be in a virtual situation. My mentor was in books, you're in a better learning curve than I am.

#26     Nov 19, 2002
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So where are yesterday's trades?

--Db

#27     Nov 19, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

I suggested the same thing...

nitro

#28     Nov 19, 2002
  9. No journal entry yet GG? I hope you haven't contracted a nasty case of 40yo Syndrome.

#29     Nov 19, 2002
  10. Why dont you go on the ET chat. Alot of emini traders there, about half equity trading. You can post your trades there in real time and get immediate feedback.

#30     Nov 19, 2002