GFT question?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by nealvan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. nealvan

nealvan

Ok let me re-iterate this I was watching nzd/jpy and a certain candlestick pattern had developed. I'm taking notes on it so I know I'm being accurate. The price was fluctuating so it was a live streaming chart. I loaded a different chart into the 15 minute set-up I had and the 15 minute candlestick I saw was now a different candlestick in it's place that was smaller and the wide ranging candlestick I was observing was completly gone not to be seen anywhere on the recent data of the chart. Not only that the position was slightly different on the chart. I had been watching this pattern for hours and there's no way the candlesticks could have changed unless they gave me different data because a new candlestick was already forming when I went to check another pair - in other words that candlestick had closed. This happened to me many times but I was very watchful this time to see that my mind wasn't deceiving me... Then I went to check other charts to see that somehow I was looking at the wrong pair but I'm 99.9% I wasn't and did not see the recent candlestick which I saw that had a very long tail. It was replace by a very small candlestick with almost no tail.

I'm a little ticked because I lost some money on a trade 40 pips but there would be no way for me to prove that the data is being changed. I guess your right about making fast trades I guess this is there way of getting me back for making a fast trade that profited. The trade I closed because of the chart data would now be profitable.

#11     Apr 14, 2008
  2. Hmmm, sorry I couldn't even begin to imagine what would cause a previous closed candle to just vanish or change position, it does sound very odd.

Give them a call, or maybe get a few screen shots to support your argument first, then call and when they say it couldn't have happened offer them the proof. As I said on the other thread, GFT were the only broker where I had to record the screen while trading to prove a complaint was genuine!

edit: have you compared GFT's chart with another chart, say MT4? I always prefer using third party charts to those the broker has to offer, it's an additional price feed and can help identify price manipulation or individual pricing.

#12     Apr 14, 2008
  3. nealvan

nealvan

That's just it there is no proof because I loaded a new chart into the set up I had because i don't like to have a lot of charts open. There's no way to prove this other than my trained observation. I know what I saw. I have serveral indicators and they did not line up after coming back to that pair only after a few minutes on a 15 minute chart where not to much would have changed but it was much different - the same pair but slight differences which would alter things enough to lose my advantage. I feel like I'm playing against a poker player with a stacked deck.

#13     Apr 14, 2008
  4. nealvan

nealvan

Thanks..

#14     Apr 14, 2008
  5. Don't get me wrong, I believe you. I still find it strange though, I tend to think it's more likely to be a chart refresh problem than GFT painting a chart to lure you into a trade.

The solution is simple enough I think, if I were you I would exclude all other possible reasons before writing off the broker, if only to satisfy yourself that it's them playing games beyond any 'reasonable doubt'.

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. nealvan

nealvan

there's no point in calling them. my bloodpressure is elevated as it is from other problems I have and I already could hear them giving me some explanation that doesn't fit what I saw but would exclude them from any wrong doing. Isn't that how it always works?? I have some open trades and don't have a lot of trading capital so I'll have to use them for longer. I can't just close the trade I'm in it would be a big mistake. I'm in a position that will be profitable in the long run.

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. nealvan

nealvan

I don't think so I've seen this about a dozen times today where the candlestick pattern had a differnt pattern. I've been observing patterns for years and never seen charts change this way. I guess you wouldn't understand but thanks anyway. Good day.

#17     Apr 14, 2008
  8. Well according to GFT it could be caused by a number of things, version number of the platform, settings, even chart type variations apparantly.

Good luck with it, if you can't sort it out with them then use MT4 for charting, it's free and doesn't use much resources.

Cheers

#18     Apr 14, 2008