GFT Forex

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ddaytrader, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Not great, this is the 'unmentionable one' on the left and Oanda on the right...

[​IMG]

#31     Aug 14, 2009
  2. Perhaps. But trading used to be so relaxing. I have a migraine at the end of everyday now - it is so stressful trying to work the clunky platform and the clumsy OCO method that only let's you change the order rate and not the size, so when one profit target is filled you have to cancel the stop loss and reenter a new one, again with the next TP.

This used to be easy.

Now I swallow a bottle of Advil just to get me past lunch lol.

I guess if I do try GFT until FXCM gets their act together, I will just have to adjust my SL's and TP's by a coupe of extra pips to account for the dealing desk and the spreads that move wider in whole pip increments.

#32     Aug 14, 2009
  3. Oanda looks good to me in everyway, but I do not like the web based platform.

Do they still have "connectivity" issues at their convenience?

#33     Aug 14, 2009
  4. lol, I know just what you mean, I had the same thing with CMC, in fact there's was worse! You couldn't change anything on an OCO, you had to cancel it and do another one!

I can't imagine what some of these brokers are thinking when they design this stuff, they're obviously not active traders!

Oanda seem to be ok at the moment as far as connection goes, there's still this strange lag if price moves rapidly though, not so good for a scalper but it probably wouldn't bother you. I don't like this java stuff either but the platform seems functional.

#34     Aug 14, 2009
  5. Here is what these brokers are thinking: I have had several disasters in the last two weks where I thought I had the order OCO, but the platform didn't link them. You can imagine the result ... as can the brokers who are capitalizing on these things. Yes, it is my fault for not checking. But I never had to check before. You should download a demo of FXCM just to see how ridiculous they have made it for US based account holders.

I have had my worst two weeks in a long time.

I have decided that I have done my last trade this afternoon with FXCM until they get their platform and their act together. I will decide over the weekend which broker I will fund on Monday. I will probably be a demo trader for a few days until the funds clear.

#35     Aug 14, 2009
  6. If you have a micro account with FXCM you should have switched it when you had the chance to FXCM UK.

#36     Aug 14, 2009
  7. I am hoping to avoid going off shore. FXCM will still let you transfer if you want, but I do not want.

Is having an easy to use, safe method of using contingent OCO order really too much to ask?

#37     Aug 14, 2009
  8. It certainly makes you wonder if these things are intentional, even small things can cause a loss of focus and lead to losses.

A working platform, flexible orders, and reporting can't really be that hard to do, it is after all the major part of their business!

Some of these brokers are going to lose clients over this fiasco, like you're going off to try another broker, you might decide not go back.

#38     Aug 15, 2009
  9. That has been my experience the last two weeks. The last thing I should have had to worry about was relearning order entry.

#39     Aug 15, 2009
  10. You know there is a huge plus in being with FXCM micro UK instead of FXCM Micro US. You withdraw your money by wire but you don't have to fax any forms to UK you simply go online specify the amount and wait a few days(you dont even need to have a swift code the wire will come from a US bank and you can use your routing number and accounting number) For FXCM Micro US you get your funds by check and it takes forever to get them.

The reason I switched is because I saw more idiotic reforms from NFA coming down the line and said f' it, I need to be shielded from them.

#40     Aug 15, 2009