Getting Yahoo News Automatically using a hot key???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NYTrading1111, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Hi there, i wasn't sure where to post this so i guess i'll try here. I trade fairly actively and need would like to be able to maybe program a hot key or something like that so that i can just hit say "alt - U" or something like that and Yahoo News will show me news for the stock in my level 2 box. I know i can click on the yahoo box and do this manually but sometimes i am too busy. I hope this makes sense, any software i can buy? download? anything would be quite helpful.

thank you in advance

2. esignal has a service where you just click beside the symbol in the quote window and the news comes up. first 30 days are free

3. so does q charts. its free with the data feed. you can setit so news pops up for every symbol as soon as you click on the symbol.

4. chud

chud

An easy thing to do is set up a "keyword" in Firefox. I have mine set so "yf gm" pulls up the Yahoo Finance news for GM. Once you get used to using the keyboard, it's pretty fast to alt-tab to firefox, ctrl-L, keyword and bring up the news.

5. Yahoo RSS feeds w/ keywords would work

6. hi and thanks for all the advice, i have Esignal but sometimes yahoo has more news than they give me, a perfect example is when someone's on a conference call, yahoo reports it as being in progress and esignal will have some news bit about it 1/2 the time. Not so fun when you realize you have a couple thousand shares and the reason you're getting killed is cause there's a conference call going on lol

What are the Yahoo RSS feeds or whatever that was? how can i use that?

thanks again!