Getting taken by wheat

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by stupididiot, Oct 1, 2007.

1. gov

gov

I'd say so. The strategy generally has a very small stop associated with it, which allows for a comparatively large position size, yielding a large win. It unfortunately comes with a lower likelihood of winning, however. Oh, and you must ride the eventual winner for all it's worth. I am quick to BE the trade if it doesn't feel right.

#11     Oct 1, 2007
  2. and you have had the experience to compare the two? :D

#12     Oct 2, 2007
  3. Hope you did ! :)

#13     Oct 2, 2007
  4. 17k contracts on offer Dec07 wheat...

wow!!!

thank god i got out a few days ago... maybe my 810 put will be worth something (i was doing the opposite of idiot, bought the 810 put, and bought wheat).

oh well. still in cotton, and that is getting slaughtered.

#14     Oct 2, 2007
  5. wow.. in the time it took to write that message, wheat came off limit.

thats a serious bull...

#15     Oct 2, 2007
  6. in the time honored tradition of replying to my own messages, 26K contracts back on ask limit down.

Oh well.. Looks like my puts tonight may be good.

#16     Oct 2, 2007
  7. This is getting fun. Shorted some corn last night, now limit down. My strategy- when CNBC starts giving grain updates and talking about the high prices, its time to short. Tried to sell some cotton too, but the spread was too big, I got cheap. Why does CT trade with such a big spread?

#17     Oct 2, 2007
  8. Still holding short. Will sell some on the way down down, but holding some from the plunge, too.

Whhhheeeeeeee!!!!

#18     Oct 2, 2007

9. so lets have some price predictions.

I think its still a bull and will settle around 905+ tonight before making another run for 960.

#19     Oct 2, 2007
  10. FLXX

FLXX

Hi all,

wheat limit down and I just found this thread by searching wheat information on google. I´m from Germany and just started trading agriculture futures.

I´m looking for a frequently used trading board. Is there any bigger future discussion forum than this here on elitetrader?

Thx in advance,
    FLXX

#20     Oct 2, 2007