Getting stop losses native to Globex?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by 8hcap, May 18, 2003.

1. 8hcap

8hcap

I use IB and when entering brackets around a trade the stop loss order never goes native to Globex, while the profit exit side seems to. Is there any way to get both brackets around a trade live to Globex so that either will execute?

I've tried STOP LIMITS also and it seems as though my price may be between the bid and ask, but will not transmit to globex until the exact price crosses the tape.

Any help is appreciated.

2. I've been wondering the same thing, and planning to start programming my stop loss in IB. Sorry I can't shed light on your question, but I am wondering, does this mean that in a fast market your stop loss doesn't always get hit at your level, or even missed completely?

Thanks

3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

You should find that when your original order is filled, the sell limit profit exit and the sell stop-limit should both turn "Green" indicating that both orders are at the exchange.

Stop orders will not go to Globex as they are not supported by Globex- thus we hold them on our servers. NB We do not offer stops outside of regular trading hours. To enable stop-limit orders outside of regular trading hours, you need to configure your TWS. Go to Configure >> Order >> Stop Trigger Method

4. BTW, the same is true for trailing stops.