Getting Started With Algo Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by godziwa, Sep 9, 2020.

1. godziwa

godziwa

#11     Sep 9, 2020
  2. Tradex

Tradex

That's very good.

But if I understand you correctly, you not only want to learn how to code so that you can backtest your trading systems, but you also want to design a Python program that will send your buy/sell orders to your broker automatically, with the stop and target.

This is an even bigger challenge, even for experienced computer programmers.

But anyway, good luck.

#12     Sep 9, 2020
    persistence likes this.
  3. Alternatively OP can investigate MetaTrader 5. This includes a backtester as well. Using its built-in programming language MQL5 is it possible to write your own trading algorithms.

#13     Sep 9, 2020
  4. godziwa

godziwa

I'll look into it. Thanks

#14     Sep 9, 2020
  5. It's important to use accurate historical data which you can get from Norgate for a reasonable price. I know several people that use AmiBroker + Norgate and like it. There are AmiBroker groups out there as well that can help you get going (one example is AmiBroker-Canada.org).

#15     Sep 9, 2020
  6. NiNinjatrader script is for c# .

Quantconnect, Quantpian and CloudQuant are the best options for begining

#16     Sep 10, 2020
    Sprout and godziwa like this.
  7. alenn

alenn

Hi dears
    Would you please show me the steps of learning algotrading without programming skills?

Thanks

#17     Sep 17, 2020
  8. ionone

ionone

The advantage of MT5 (apart from being free) is that you can download the exact tick data AND the spreads that were historically outputed by that broker (using "Tick based on history" data option). So you can test an EA with accuracy and see if it worked with that broker specifically in the past

also all tick data is free on MT5.

Jeff

#18     Sep 20, 2020
    Sprout likes this.
  9. ionone

ionone

I would start by looking at simple codes, like a simple RSI or Moving Average and try to understand how it was programmed, based on the Math formulas of each indicator

#19     Sep 20, 2020
  10. themickey

themickey

Look at Sierrachart, excel version.

#20     Sep 20, 2020