Getting Started in T-Bond Futures - Does Technical Analysis Work in This Market?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by aeliodon, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Read threads by johnpinochet. Bond trader 2006 and Bond trader 2007 threads.

#11     Aug 9, 2007
  2. the reason why treasuries are so great to trade is that most of them are spread against other products so when they move it really means something. I traded the Nasty and the spooz futures for three years but now trade treasuries because they tend to have less irrational exuberance in their movement, if you use Market Profile with treasuries it works pretty well...

#12     Aug 24, 2007
  3. Gyles

Gyles

#13     Aug 26, 2007
  4. Totally agree, once when you know what to do then there is no other market that can even get close.

Having said the above: It does not leave any margin for error and just "winging it" ain't working. (the slightest slip up will get punished severely). In view of the latter I would not recommened it for a beginner.

Maria

#14     Aug 31, 2007
  5. PhiliC

PhiliC

I haven't seen to many females on this board. Great to see some of the girls (or at least one) is giving the elec. tbond futures a go and is having success. Are there any others?

Actually in my opinion there's is room for error in this market. Much more than say the ES. It's this margin for error that I attribute to my consistency.

I've never been able to adapt the same winning ZB principles to the ES. I got hammered there on Tues. which showed, once again, to pay heed to these markets cause they can and do kill. If I just avoided the ES -- like I should -- I can add to my account every day and go about my life in peace and harmony. Now I've got to work about 2 weeks just to make it back. Real simple for me -- don't touch the ES and the $ rolls in. Trade the ES and the $ drips in for a while before the that CME vacum cleaner sucks it all back.

My other primary market is the QM. Can't trade QCL on my platform. I'm also very big in the stock market, and occassionally in the cash bond market (i don't have the time to focus on the cash side -- that's a full time job in itself). Sometimes (like right now) there are some great bargains in the cash bonds when everthing gets thrown out. I often prefer to go after a beaten down bond in lieu of the stock. But you have to be able to buy at least $100K at a clip -- $250k is better. I'm also getting back into the FX cash side.

#15     Aug 31, 2007
  6. to also trade treasuries correctly you have to be able to look at Cantor or Brokertech Cash to see what spreaders are doing and/or see where the Cash is leading the Futures or vice versa.

#16     Sep 4, 2007
  7. Could anybody tell me where to find "Cantor or Brokertech Cash"?

I couldn't find them by Googling...

#17     Mar 24, 2009

8. I feel the same way, friend. ES tends to obey simple S/R lines better than ZN.

The money's green either way - I'd recommend sticking with ES.

#18     Mar 24, 2009
  9. http://www.cantor.com/

#19     Mar 24, 2009