Getting some money

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Scalperten, Sep 19, 2016.

1. I currently have a job and just started practicing my trading with light speed trader demo. I was wondering if they keep track records so I could hopefully have some positive ones and submit them to a financial institution. Like I said before I've been thinking of trading with t3 but I need to pass an exam which I am not ready for. If I get 20k more I could open a 25k trading account and day trade through light speed.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Scalperten,

Yes, our minimum is $25,000 to open either an equity or futures account. If you are going to daytrader equites, I would suggest a little more, so if you have a small draw down, you can still day-trade, as you must stay over $25K.

It's not clear to me what you want to do with your track record, but if you open a customer account with us, you can keep very detailed records of your trading. We offer daily and monthly statements in PDF form. And, you can export details of trades in CSV format, so any future investor or allocator can do an analysis on your trading.

If you get the added funds, shoot me an email and I'll hook you up with a promotion that can save you commissions.

Good luck,

Bob

1shooter likes this.
  3. I would think a record with real money is needed..

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I missed that. Yes, demo trading is not trading. It is a way to test out a trading platform, not build a track record. Without fear and greed, you never know what your decisions would be in real trading.

aw25, VPhantom, comagnum and 2 others like this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I would think most professional firms would view a "demo" like someone watching youtube on brain surgery to work on your mother next morning. "Well I don't know why she died, I put all my effort into watching the video's for six months".

motif, CBC, hoodyap and 4 others like this.
  6. Well put.. exactly what I was thinking...

7. JackRab

JackRab

@Handle123, that's why my tennis isn't that great... those youtube video's make it look so easy! ;)

8. Keep swinging... Tennis is a great game... No amount of watching or simulation helps you play either... Only way to practice playing matches is to play matches

comagnum likes this.
  9. JackRab

JackRab

Exactly, same with golf... snowboarding... anything really... demo is for pussies! It's like thinking you're awesome at poker, while you've never even played a real stakes game with some people that know how to play.

comagnum and cdcaveman like this.
  10. Does a bank finance that amount of money in a personal loan? What type of bank should I be looking into?

I just did better trading and think this is the route I should take for my own financial future!

How about any money broker that is looking to get a better interest rate? How could I get in contact with them?

#10     Sep 19, 2016