getting serious: wealth-lab vs amibroker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by diligent, Aug 9, 2006.

1. taowave

taowave

LOL..You had me thinking for a second,but there is no doubt,i am a discretionary trader who likes a systematic approack..Ask me again tomorrow,and maybe ill flip:)

#41     Sep 16, 2006
  2. taowave

taowave

I share the same experience....Ami can be a very simple charting tool with easy backtesting,optimisation amd money management..

If you feel like raisng the bar and tackling complex tasks,you better prepare yourself for a severly steep learning curve...

Psytrade is 100% correct...If you are not a programmer,and dont want to make acareer of becoming one,get one of the non Ami programmers to write up code for a modest fee.Unless you enjoy pain:D

#42     Sep 17, 2006
  3. hylt

hylt

#43     Feb 11, 2007
  4. His comparison don't take many things like accuracy and features ...that available, into account

Tradestation charges $250 platform fee and still has over 30,000 accounts, i don't buy that comparison in that shit link of yours ... common sense

#44     Feb 12, 2007
  5. hylt

hylt

Yes, the performances that he said is only the speed of running the back-testing of some simple trading system, and that system does not have the position sizing and portfolio management.
    TradeStation is more robust than WLD and AB. It's direct-access feature has more order types and their combination. But the portfolio management should use the add-on of RINA.

#45     Feb 12, 2007