Getting results notice & funded

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trading1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. This is not my experience with people who are clients of hedge funds. I don't get the feeling that you know many people who are.

Don't take my experience for gospel. Just review the Bernard Madoff scandal. This will give you better insight into this type of clientele.

#31     Oct 26, 2010
  2. You mean we get to behave like" House" and all our friends will be "Wilsons" ??

#32     Oct 26, 2010
  3. 4:35pm

4:35pm

Results really have little to nothing to do with raising money.

Anyone who thinks they can raise money had strong to decent results so it's irrelevant.

Your strategy is what's important. How are your result obtained? Will the edge last ? Is it scalable?

Those are the correct questions to answer. Not "results"

#33     Oct 26, 2010
  4. Spot on!

#34     Oct 26, 2010
  5. We are talking in the post-Madoff timeframe....Madoff was not the only bad guy of the fund managers. There were quite a few others and thousands of hard-luck investor stories.

You dont know me nor do you know who I know. I do know some people with millions of dollars...one person with over a hundred million. None of them would simply give away their money in the present time and just "trust" someone with it. Maybe you might have seen some folks in 2007 give away their money blindly trusting it with someone, but I dont see that as the experience today.

Me personally, I would certainly not trust anyone and especially some jackass who posts anywhere on the internet...Madoff will linger in the minds of many for many years or decades to come. Anytime you hear "hedge fund" then such names as Madoff will come up and I cant imagine it would be easy to deflect such concerns.

#35     Oct 26, 2010
  6. No one can answer "Will the edge last"? Edges fade away on the market's schedule, not your own.

#36     Oct 26, 2010
  7. 4:35pm

Well madoff certainly made things tighter for capital raisers but the fact remains that money needs a home. There will always be those wealthy folks who like to risk a bit. Your job is to find them. But you best have something substantially more than "results" on your side.

Some more unsolicited advice. Forget about institutional money. It ain't gonna happen.

#37     Oct 26, 2010
  8. Spot on again. Your on a roll.

#38     Oct 26, 2010
  9. 4:35pm

Thanks Howard. I'll place a bet that you are a hedge fund investor.

Most of the kids on this board mean well but are under 25 and living in fantasy.

#39     Oct 26, 2010
  10. His job is to keep on making profits, gradually raise his profile in the industry, develop a reputation as one of the best in his "sector", and when that "sector" comes into vogue among wealthy investors, they'll come aboard.

#40     Oct 26, 2010