Getting results notice & funded

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trading1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Here is an example:

Read page 173 of "24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success".

Notice that the times are roughly the same as yours and there is performance.

Probably, as a second thought, the person wrote some books.

What he did after spending a similar amount of time in his performance is also noted.

Second comment.

People are always watching. The reason is this: they have a problem.

If and when you can solve their problem, they will get a hold of you. If you turn them down, always have a helpful suggestion as to where they can go. Later, it will come back to you several fold.

#11     Oct 24, 2010
  2. lazar206

lazar206

It seems from your earlier posts that you have been trading for the last 4-5 years, can you detail your annual return from 2006-2010.

By the way, I am pretty similar situation, started with 175k-225k in beginning of 09, now standing at 543k. The advice I have been getting was, to start an “incubator” fund for a couple of years and then if my returns are good it will be relatively easy to raise money. However I am still looking for more suggestions

#12     Oct 25, 2010
  3. Publishing is now easier than ever and a good way to get noticed. There are internet resources where you can post articles that you write. Amazon.com makes it easy to self publish with just a PDF and/or a Kindle book.

If you know any rich people, let them know what you are in to. Rich people flock together and if you get one interested, he/she will tell others.

Getting your long term success noticed will get money seeking you out. It's a far better position to be in than you asking others for money.

#13     Oct 25, 2010
  4. i don't see any attachment...

#14     Oct 25, 2010
  5. ????

#15     Oct 25, 2010
  6. I'm not clear why people that are successfully trading their own money are looking to complicate their life by managing other peoples money. In "Pit Bull" Marty Schwartz talked about how difficult it was to make the transition from trading his own account to trading other people's money. And starting a hedge fund has little to do with trading and everything to do with sales.

Why not just trade?

#16     Oct 25, 2010
  7. Some desire public adulation more than money. If you can have both, then ...

#17     Oct 25, 2010
  8. 300% of 200K = 600K

300% of 600K = 1800K

Why the need to get noticed.

#18     Oct 25, 2010
  9. heres an indicative page

• 4.png
      File size:
      935.9 KB
      Views:
    #19     Oct 26, 2010
  10. Returns are about 22%. Annual returns vary from model to model, and I have not always been smart about what models to have emphasis on.

Are you aware, do you need to be a US citizen for the “incubator” fund process? It appears that the US based process is tightly regulated, a good thing but also that its complex and involved, it seems difficult to accept investment from US citizens.

#20     Oct 26, 2010