Getting registered as a CTA

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aginvest88, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I recently became a registered CTA approved for trading futures and forex.

With a very limited budget I looked around hard for inexpensive options.

All the lawyers I talked to were asking for minimum $5000.

I ended up using Dennis at www.irfutures.com. If anyone is interested in getting registered as a CTA(including disclosure document and Advisor procedures) for less than half the price of what others are quoting, can contact him.

Regards.

Evan L likes this.
  2. 1245

$5000 is very good if they really do everything and do it well. The guy I normally recommend that is also an admin. charges more like $12K

Evan L likes this.
  3. If >10K is the norm, then I would definitely recommend talking to Dennis.

My total cost which included fees and study guides for series 3 and 34 exams, forming a company, $2500/year to NFA for being registered as a forex firm and consulting fees for Dennis was less than $6,000.

4. The whole thing was only $6k. How did it work out?

What are your ongoing/annual fees?

Evan L likes this.
  5. Evan L likes this.
  6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

If you guys contact me, I would gladly give you a person I consider thorough and highly knowledgeable at reasonable prices. The initial costs could add up, however staying organized for your audits is key.

Matt

Evan L and patrickrooney like this.
  7. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Just saw this thread and i am also a registered CTA for 7 years now, although my primary income is as a commodity broker / VP at cannon trading. feel free to contact me with any questions, I will be happy to share info from my experience as a CTA and resources i use.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Evan L likes this.