Getting really frustrated, can't find a fully featured UK trading platform

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by CocaColaKid, May 16, 2020.

1. That's lot cheaper than saxo bank ..any issue with execution and what order types available?

#31     May 16, 2020
  2. SaxoBank has some features I wanted, can't remember what now though, but I couldn't justify moving to Saxo because of the cost. Would have cost me 2 to 3k a year in charges if I remember right. Not sure why Saxo charges so much and with no way to reduce costs by regular trading.

Execution speed is great, I can't complain there. Only time I have issues is like anywhere else, when small caps are really volatile.

Apart from quotes you can get (just gonna copy n paste this):

Limit execute & eliminate – an order which executes as much of a trade as possible at a specified market price. If there aren’t enough shares available at the specified level to fill the order, the maximum possible number of shares are executed and the rest of the order is cancelled.

Limit day – an order which executes once the market price reaches a specified level. If it isn’t filled by the end of the trading day, the order will expire.

Market day – an order which executes immediately in full if enough shares are available. If not, the maximum possible number of shares are executed and the rest of the order remains outstanding until the end of the trading day. This order type is unrestricted by price.

Stop market day – a market day order which executes in full when a specific price (the stop level) is surpassed. If there aren’t enough shares available, the rest of the order remains outstanding until the end of the trading day. This order is often used for locking in profits or limiting losses.

#32     May 16, 2020
    Fx-Game likes this.
  3. Fx-Game

Fx-Game

What about admiral markets?!

They offer accounts for cfd trading as well as real stocks.

(Dukascopy?)

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    #33     May 17, 2020
  4. DevBru

DevBru

Why don't you trade the real market instead of come shady OTC cfd's?

#34     May 17, 2020
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

There is 0.5% stamp duty on the real market.

#35     May 17, 2020
  6. Can you post a link confirming that? Thanks.

#36     May 18, 2020
  7. #37     May 23, 2020
  8. Doing a bit of catch up this morning. Seems ODX is on SETSqx (Non CCP)

List of SETSqx NON CCP securities - updated weekly

Fired a query off to IB about it. ProRealTime does have ODX, so wondering what would happen if I connected an IB account to it. Could I not trade it then. PRT is pricey too, would be around 100 EU or more per month just for the subscription.

#38     May 23, 2020
  9. I'll take a look at Admiral and see what's on offer there. Doing the rounds again this morning. There's always something missing it seems.

Waiting for my Fineco bank account to finish setup this morning. Easily the most convoluted and out of date setup out of any platform so far. Had about 4 or 5 different codes texted for different parts of the setup.

Just want a look at their trading platform, but generally not keen on dealing with customer service outside of the UK. Personal experience of European companies is basically charm you until they get your money then ignore you when there's a problem.

By contrast I messaged IG yesterday asking about claiming for a failed trade when their system went down on Thursday. They replied within an hour and said yes of course, send in the details.

Was actually shocked. Expected a fob off, so +1 for customer service there.

#39     May 23, 2020
  10. For shares I use DEGIRO a Dutch platform that trades on most exchanges -message me

#40     May 23, 2020
    Fx-Game likes this.