Getting really frustrated, can't find a fully featured UK trading platform

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by CocaColaKid, May 16, 2020.

1. Can you trade US and Europe stocks through their platform ? how much commision they charge for US stocks ?

#21     May 16, 2020
  2. Just tried a 1 share dummy quote for Apple Inc, looks like no commission for US stocks. UK is £3.

Tried the same for Continental AG there, gave me a 10 Euro Charge. Ouch, bit pricey to trade the German exchange from IG.

#22     May 16, 2020
  3. What is called the platform that you can place orders for international stocks like German and US market ? IG Shares means stocks or CFD ? i'm not clear on that.

A friend is looking to open account with either IG or Saxo Bank,,, thanks for Info

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    #23     May 16, 2020
  4. You can place orders on the Share Dealing account for US, UK, EU shares (maybe more markets too).

You can get direct quotes on the Share Dealing account for the UK market.

You can trade instantly on all markets on the CFD account.

SaxoBank I think was too expensive for me, but the platform looked good if I remember. Will go back for another look at it.

#24     May 16, 2020
  5. I never traded CFD, you mean in CFD account, you can buy stock or is it Stock CFD? because i heard CFDs are very risky to trade

#25     May 16, 2020
  6. You wouldn't own any stock in the CFD account, I just meant CFDs on listed companies to be clearer sorry.

I don't trade CFDs either, though I'm considering using it to short if the whole market turns bearish after lockdown.

#26     May 16, 2020
  7. That means IG doesn't offer stock trading if i understood correctly

#27     May 16, 2020
  8. It does, in the Share Dealing account.

They have many account types

Share Dealing
    CFD
    Spread Betting

and more.

#28     May 16, 2020
    TradeTune likes this.
  9. Do they have $15 minimum charge for each stock trade ? that's very high.
    https://www.ig.com/en/cfd-trading/charges-and-margins

#29     May 16, 2020
  10. That info looks out of date, it's currently £8 for a UK trade, but drops to £3 if you trade more than twice in the previous month. Then US trades also become free if you've done those 3 trades in the previous month too.

#30     May 16, 2020