Getting Proper Sleep During The Trading Week?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dsq, Dec 15, 2007.

1. I agree with Eddiefl but don't get a good girl, get a real nasty slutty one and pound her senseless before bedtime. Then warm some milk and have a glass of that and a warm or hot shower.

Make sure u kick that bitch out before you go to bed so she don't rip you off too is a good idea--one less thing to worry about.

#21     Dec 15, 2007
  2. Cardio couple hours before bedtime keeps you up. Better to do it right after market closes on west coast.

John

#22     Dec 15, 2007
  3. Ambien comes in a controlled release version. Ambien CR. It works great. If you taking the regular Ambien then try the CR.

John

#23     Dec 15, 2007
  4. Yeah those bitches will take your watch right off your wrist.

I had one even steal the eggs out of the fridge before she left once. Crazy slut.

#24     Dec 15, 2007
  5. I live in San Diego and I wake up about 4.15 without an alarm clock. I take naps most days from about 2-3.30. It helps. On weekends I try to go to bed the same time and get up no later then 7.

I moved back to Atlanta for a year thinking that the east coast time zone would help but I found I preferred the west coast time and moved back last summer.

I found that by the time the market opened on the east coast at 9.30 I was sick of waiting for it. I also really like having the pm's free. It affords an opportunity for another career such as real estate, recruiting, mortgage etc.

I just like the west coast the east coast can kiss my ass.

John

#25     Dec 15, 2007
  6. dsq

dsq

"Sleep 2x a day. You don't have to sleep once a day.

Sleep 5-6 hours pre-market and 2-4 hours right after the market."

My problem is that even tho i am dead tired after the market i cant fall asllep or if im lucky i will fall asleep and then wake up suddenly 10mins later.
    My dad,who also has sleep issues, went to a doctor who said the same thing that you did about sleeping 2x a day and that not every body has to sleep the same way.He said grab sleep whenever you can.I like that concept.Kind of like a cat.

"What kind of sleeping pill are you taking?"

They are generic from CVS...I tried the name brands and they were just expensive versions and were also lower dosage as well and didnt work effectively-they couldnt put me to sleep.

#26     Dec 15, 2007
  7. X-11

X-11

Before I take my nap in the afternoon I eat a sandwich and a glass of milk. Helps me sleep. Before I go to bed at night, I take 1mg of klonapin. I told the doc I have panic attacks when I try to fall asleep and he gave it to me. Works great. Also, when I take my nap I put Mack's Pillow Soft earplugs in my ears so when the kids get home from school I can't hear a thing. And they are noisy, not to mention the dog, wife, phones ringing, ect.

I used to take over the counter sleeping pills but after awhile they stopped working.

#27     Dec 15, 2007
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

You must not do this, when I started trading 5 years ago, I took sedatives to relax me, because I would lose it if positions were going against me. This was the most stupid thing I have ever done. Quitting was a bitch (very sick, couldn't eat, threw up stomach bile for two weeks) I have had insomnia since then and have been to many doctors and all say caused by sedatives and sleeping pills can do the same.

However, I must warn if you take something to sleep or a sedative talk to your doctor before quitting.

#28     Dec 15, 2007
  9. X-11

X-11

I have heard it is not so fun to quit this medicine. I have been taking it for about 3 years. I didn't sleep worth a bean before taking it so it has saved me from becoming a complete psycho. I don't take it during the trading day. I would probably fall asleep.

What sedatives did you take and how much? For how long? Did you take them during the day and to sleep at night?

#29     Dec 15, 2007
  10. Amazing. I've slept 5-6 hours a night most of my life. LOL. I thought it was normal. My suggestion would be that you should stop obsessing about it. Your body will sleep as long as it needs to.

Like the other posts, I'd suggest regular exercise, healthy eating, maybe some meditation. When you're doing the right stuff, then your body will tend to sleep as long as necessary. Everyone has a different energy cycle.

In my case, once in a while, I feel tired after the market, and if so, I take a nap. Other than that, 5-6 hours is about what I get.

OldTrader

#30     Dec 15, 2007