Getting Proper Sleep During The Trading Week?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dsq, Dec 15, 2007.

1. dsq

dsq

I have sleep propblems during the week were i am only capable of getting 4-6hrs sleep max per night from sun-thursday.On weekends i get 8hrs sleep per night and feel well rested.During the week i am a zombie.

I have to wake up at 6 30 am here on the west coast and it doesnt matter if i fall asleep early or not i just wake up up prematurely after only 5 or 6 hrs sleep.For instance if i go to bed at 10 i will wake up at 4 and i wont be able to fall back aslleep because i start thinking about how the sp futures are doing etc...

Does anybody else suffer from this know and how do you overcome this?Yes i already take sleeping pills and they do not help in preventing my premature wake up!

2. rc5781

rc5781

Stop taking sleeping pills.

Keep the same sleep routine weekdays and weekends.

Do a cardio workout couple hours before going to sleep.

Don't eat after 6pm, digestion may be keeping you up...

Don't drink alchohol...

3. well going to bed early doesn't work at all because you still have energy in you that isn't exausted and that keeps you awake, I've have insomnia all my life.

I need to wake up at 7:30am cental so I go to bed around 11pm, try not sleeping for one night and force your self to stay awake until the time you want to wakeup at minus 9 hours or so, if you can do that than you should be exausted by that time tomorrow so you can get your body used to the schedule.

4. rc5781

rc5781

o and drink alot of water couple hours before going to bed and make sure you piss so that you're not kept up because you're thirsty or have to piss....

5. rc5781

rc5781

yoga or stretching is really good too...just like 15 mins...take a deap breath and relax on the exhale as you extend the stretch...

6. How long have you been trading?

You need to stop taking sleeping pills soon. Right now. You'll have a few bad weeks.

Eating late and alcohol, as mentioned, will cause you to wake up after 4-6 hours sleep. Most people can fall back to sleep after a while but if you have something on your mind, it's harder, and traders always have something on their mind (that is, the state of their equity).

You've had good advice already. Yoga takes discipline but can have amazing effects, not only on your sleep, but on your overall health, concentration, etc. If you've never even considered it, make a committment and take a class.

7. I have sort of the same problem. I feel like I'm missing something when I'm asleep.

8. rc5781

rc5781

Do you guys hold overnight positions? I don't....

9. West Coast here, problem is worse. I wake up around 4:45am without an alarm clock, pass out around 10pm 7 days a week now.

I am moving to the East coast this spring.

10. Are you barking mad.
    regards
    f9

#10     Dec 15, 2007