Getting out of jury duty for not being "of sound mind and good moral character" ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 1, 2011.

1. I know. That is a legitimate issue with my suggestion. A bonafide jury pool has to draw from all demographics, but the problem is the court system is so overburdened with lesser cases, yet is strained to find jurors. It's strained also because of guys like AK47 who are perfectly able to serve but are too busy posting Obama polls all day to actually do something worthwhile with their time.

#21     Jul 2, 2011
  2. It is offensive to me personally that you would dare to compare jury duty to combat service. Mav, some days, I worry about your pattern recognition skills, bruh.

And BTW, 3rd Infantry, 57th battalion, Echo Company, Ft. Benning, Ga. Went on to the 801st combat support Hospital attached to Ft. Sheridan, Il. And no, I WILL NOT DO JURY DUTY.

#22     Jul 2, 2011
  3. Well thank goodness for a jury of our "peers":)

#23     Jul 2, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know what RCG. Don't ever complain about justice in this country. Don't talk about how a black man can't get a fair trial. I don't ever want to hear the disproportionate amount of African Americans sitting in prison on drug crimes. If you can't even perform your civic duty to possibly defend an innocent person and keep them out of prison, then don't expect this country to ever do anything for you. You know, you sure bitch a lot about this government. It's too bad when asked to do perform your civic duty you can't seem to trouble yourself to do that.

BTW, Timothy McVeigh served his country as well and even earned the Army Commendation medal with an upgrade for valor.

#24     Jul 2, 2011
  5. And then went on to blow up a Federal Building. Are you drunk, dude?

And I have served my country for 8 years prepared for combat duties. So, while you are sermonizing, do you have the credentials to do so?

I can complain about my government cause I walked the walk while talking the talk. How about you?

#25     Jul 2, 2011
  6. One more thing, you have never heard me say a word about black men and fair trials and drug sentencing in this country.

Why?

It is well known that the drug laws and drug enforcement are ridiculously skewed against urban areas in this country. Knowing this from every other rap song put out, any black man caught in the system due to drugs was busy snake charming and got bitten.
    Much like joining the military and then refusing to go to war.

#26     Jul 2, 2011
  7. I dont know ,they tell you when you show up and are pick for a trial

I decided to check the not of sound mind and good moral character box and mail it in and see what happens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#27     Jul 2, 2011
  8. Calm down, folks.

Any sane, rational person, whom might be fit for jury duty-knows, the system does not work.

Let me play devil's advocate here,
    what if you believe you should simply serve as a juror, as a civic duty, knowing you have many prejudices and biases?
    You don't think your any worse than most....and likely aren't.

But you don't mention said marginal biases, before serving, precisely because you regard them as marginal in the extreme.

What if, at a later date, your "potential " bias becomes grounds for a mistrial, or similar?
    "Perverting the course of justice", or "corrupting a jury", you do not want to be in that situation.

All can arise, from jury duty.

Like I said, Devil's advocate......but it's not as though these things have not occurred, at law.

#28     Jul 2, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're a nurse for Christ sake, they don't make that much money RCG.

#29     Jul 2, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Fortunately for the USA our national guardsmen don't agree with you.

I can't help but notice a pattern here, our left leaning members are the ones opposed to performing the civic duty in question.

#30     Jul 2, 2011