Getting out of jury duty for not being "of sound mind and good moral character" ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 1, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Lawyers don't want productive, intelligent citizens on a jury. They want people who can be manipulated.

Justice has nothing to do with our "justice" system.

Getting out of jury duty is easy.

Personally, I won't participate. If I want to see a circus, I'll go to one.

#11     Jul 1, 2011
  2. Then I will take the Chicago Way, I'll bribe em:D :D

#12     Jul 1, 2011
  3. I dont have to show up on the date listed if I check the box.If they call me in to explain why I am not of good moral character I'm thinking of using RCG's suggestion and tell them I am racist against gays,blacks,Latinos ,Asians, and hate corporations ,cops, and republicans and would likely be biased against them in a court case :cool:

#13     Jul 1, 2011
  4. Tell the lawyer you'll make a great juror, as you can spot guilty people just by looking at them.

#14     Jul 1, 2011
  5. Ooooo that's a good one:D

#15     Jul 1, 2011
  6. Why are you guys giving excuses to this statist, do nothing, dipshit? AK47, do your civic duty, and serve on the jury. Odds are pretty good that the defendant will be "of color" and you will be selected as it gives them a good chance for a hung jury.

#16     Jul 1, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Amen brother. How goddam hard is to just do your f*cking duty as an American? We have men and women serving this country over seas getting their limbs blown off and yet dipshits on here can't take a day out of their life to serve their country in an air conditioned court house. Sometimes this country makes me sick. Yes, I know this country is f*cked. But we do as citizens have to be the ones that light the fuse?

I'll tell you what. Those of you who are opting out of jury duty. March down to your local army recruiter and sign up and serve a post.

For the record, I actually just got a notice to serve for jury duty. And yes, I will honor my obligation to my country.

#17     Jul 1, 2011
  8. I was notified of jury duty a year ago and did my day in court. It was absolutely no big deal and quite educational to be honest. A black guy who was driving recklessly and plowed into a parked car. He clearly was liable for the damage to the parked car but our one female black juror figured that the prosecutor could not prove negligence.

Go figure.

My only beef with the whole "jury duty" thing and it is a legitimate one...I figure the top of the pool should be the unemployed drawing benefits AND the public sector retirees sucking off the public tax dole. If you want your public sponsored payments, well you better be first in line for jury duty, as the private sector doesn't get compensated for days off work. And we all know that if you own a small business, well you're fucked if you get stuck in some long trial.)

#18     Jul 2, 2011
  9. what's the probability of a long trial?

#19     Jul 2, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's a good suggestion, although I'm not terribly certain if I was on trial for murder in a state that has capital punishment, that I would want my jury full of all the deadbeats out of work. Not to say that all people out of work are deadbeats. I'm just not sure I would feel comfortable with that jury demographic. A parking violation? Sure. Capital murder? No.

#20     Jul 2, 2011