Getting Orders filled with big spreads

Discussion in 'Options' started by cowtowner, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Whether it's SPX or SPY, it's the same. Just the multiples are different!

Torontoman

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. At first glance I see the same thing. However, I can often get a fill off at the mid on SPY. I haven't had the same luck with SPX. Taking that into account the %return is pretty close.

Granted the SPX is a little more liquid at the distant strikes, but it doesn't seem to help given the difficulty getting an aggressive fill.

Also, the thread starter mentioned being new to this. IMO, It's much better to start in on SPY than SPX, even if you have to pay a bit more commission at first.

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. You have a good point Ambushbilly.

#13     Feb 23, 2007
  4. rosy2

rosy2

when you want to get an order filled that has a big spread contact me via chat. my id is "makebidoffer" on yahoo. I will post bids/offers between the current market for you to hit.

#14     Feb 23, 2007
  5. I did get filled today on my Mar17 and Mar30 SPY Iron Condor at pretty near the mid.

I had to give .05 on both.

I couldn't even come close on the April though.

#15     Feb 24, 2007
  6. Definately look into the RUT for ICs. I'm not sure exactly where you route your orders but either the CBOE or the ISE should provide fills around theo. You almost have to give up some edge but you never know when some MMs have positions on the opposite way, especially if the underlying has moved recently. That way, you can get your fill at/near theo. and the MM can get out of the position (MMs love locking in profits).

#16     Feb 25, 2007