Getting Market Data (real-time stock quotes) into Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by monty21, Apr 22, 2009.

1. I've trying to create a trading system, but am hitting a big road block because of difficulty of importing real-time data into Excel 2007. I know how to use Excel and the import data from the web part, but when I import the data (google Finance, yahoo Finance, WSJ.com) it comes out cluttered (more information than I want).

I'm aware of stock price programs you can download into Excel, but they don't work well for me. I need to learn how to do it myself cleanly in order to build the system.

Maybe there is another provider/website I should use? Ideally a free one with real-time quotes (Yahoo has BATS quotes).

What are some subscription sites that provide lots of data, real-time quotes, and are easily transferred into Excel?

2. Bob111

Bob111

3. Bob111

Bob111

mmm...economic or fundamental?

4. How many stock can we request at the same time?

5. Bob111

Bob111

economic data it's like one request a day. it's did not change every second..imo-no big deal to grab it from free source using web querry or something..

6. I mean stock quotes in real time.

7. Yea but when you try to import a single piece of data into Excel from wsj.com, it imports a bunch of random stuff. If you haven't done this personally, you're not going to understand what I am trying to say.

8. Aok

Aok

#10     Apr 23, 2009