Getting into Wall Street

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by anoninnyc, May 30, 2013.

1. emg

emg

what do they all have in common? need to find clients to trade and that required

Cold Calling

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eY4UVrXzyhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HFT requires Advanced math and computer science degree

#11     Jun 6, 2013
  2. aknaya1

aknaya1

LOL yeah sure man. Im sure Barclays hires expensive MBAs to go cold call random customers. Yep, you got the truth nailed down!

#12     Jun 6, 2013
  3. emg

emg

Barclay is looking for rich people with rich network. If u have rich family and friends willing to invest with you, u are welcome to join the family for a short term. 1 year later, u will get laid off like all the others and they will keep your book. In other word, firms like barclay are waiting to suck rich fresh MBA rich family and rich friends before letting go. In other word, barclay gonna take all your rich family and friends before letting u go. Maximized profit and find another new MBA with rich family and friends

Its all about sales when it comes to MBA. For the people who have Advanced Math and Computer science degrees belong in the trading room. Just like CPA. those who have CPA belong in the accounting room. MBA belong in the sales room

#13     Jun 6, 2013
  4. Lot's of people with math and computer science degrees also choose to get an MBA. They may be looking for a well rounded person. Many with only math and computer science degrees are socially very awkward people.

#14     Jun 6, 2013
  5. aknaya1

aknaya1

You are right. I just called my friend who has been a bond trader since 2006 (when we graduated from MBA), and he told me he's been cold calling for seven years since graduation! He got duped!

Your statements are baseless and without substance--no knowledge or experience.

#15     Jun 6, 2013
  6. It's Barclays. Sachs, not Sach. What people on this site need to understand is that emg was dropped on his head as a child and has no experience in trading, or gainful employment for that matter.

And I've yet to hear of a "market maker" requiring a $10k deposit from their employees (as emg-states).

#16     Jun 6, 2013

7. maybe this Iowa company--- Barclay

http://www.barclayhedge.com/research/hedge-funds-rankings.html

#17     Jun 6, 2013
  8. #18     Jun 6, 2013
  9. Where EMG comes from obstetricians require only a math or computer science degree. While birthing EMG, EMG got stuck in an endless loop, causing oxygen deprivation and brain damage.

#19     Jun 6, 2013
  10. emg

emg

The next trading generation

[​IMG]

http://www.infiniumcm.com/careers

Math and Computer science degrees are required in the house's trading room.

MBA ends up working for Edward Jones, Prudential, JohnHancock Mutual, Omaha Mutual, American Express, etc etc

#20     Jun 6, 2013