Getting into a Trading Career

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jwr1017, Jul 5, 2011.

1. jwr1017

jwr1017

What are anyone's thoughts on someone with no trading experience trying to get into trading through a trader support role or like a trading assistant/clerk position and learn as much as possible in that position and ultimately work up to being a trader on a desk?

2. =========
    JR-trend7
    Some of the best may have done it that a way;
    meanwhile think of all the profitable trades you have aready made.

I traded a[green] rock a REALTOR gave me permission to have {as a small kid, looking at houses with Dad & Mom};
    recognized that rock PATTERN from my rock & mineral colection. Sold it to a rock dealer for several bucks-pure profit:D

Alan Greenspan said he got an allowance as a kid-$00.10 USD[dime profit for work ttrade ];
    but it was a silver dime.Jack Schwager Top Traders books are still good to read/reread/reread...................................................I am still digesting those 3 books-never get tired of grilled steak or those books.

Actually it depends on your personality;
    some people , bless thier hearts,are just not cut out to work for someone else............................................................

3. slim to none. Get a degree in finance or accounting and get an internship at a hedge fund.

4. jwr1017

jwr1017

Read in another one of your posts that you are in law enforcement, so what is your basis/reasoning on saying that it is slim to none? And I do have a degree in Economics.