getting historical price data from eSignal into Excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Gordon Gekko, Apr 13, 2003.

1. docarzt

docarzt Guest

A API would really be great.

Gordon, to export data from eSignal you can specify the number of days a chart shows in the TimeTemplate, so you don't have to scroll back.

#11     Apr 29, 2003
  2. tomf

tomf

Correct me if I'm wrong but eSignal itself has no API. However an API for TurboFeed (basically the quote client esignal utilizes) is available but costs quite some money

#12     Apr 29, 2003
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

To hopefully clear up any confusion about our API, please refer to our FAQ's on the subject here.

#13     Apr 29, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

If you want customers then you need to clearly state the pricing / packaging of the products. There are enough vendors about that commercial developers like us are not interested in lengthy negotiations to determine if your product is priced appropriately. State it upfront: MY response to your url is "click" to exit to another vendor ....

#14     Apr 29, 2003
  5. Good tip. Thanks! :cool:

#15     Apr 29, 2003
  6. Will it be included in a new version of eSignal, or are you or another company making it? If so, will there be a fee? Thanks

#16     Apr 29, 2003
  7. Mishka

Mishka

#17     May 3, 2003

8. you said delayed during mkt hours. why is that? I was considering trying Qcharts just for its Excel link...........which I thought was real time.

#18     May 4, 2003
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

We should be releasing 7.3 within about a week (pop out windows, quoteboard, NYSE OpenBook), and then moving on to 7.4 which will have an ActiveX Tool that is being talked about here. It will give users access to the quotes, ticks and history data in a new way. Since it is ActiveX it will work with Excel, Visual Basic, C++, etc.

For the latest 7.3 release, check it out here:

http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=&groupid=132

Chuck
    @eSignal

#19     May 4, 2003
  10. Mishka

Mishka

I said FREE delayed. NASDAQ free RT,NYSE & e-mini delayed

$9.99 get u RT + exchange fees

mike

#20     May 4, 2003