Getting good at trading currencies

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drasfs, Jan 13, 2008.

1. drasfs

drasfs

Yeah I've tried it out. Tried out some expert advisers while I was it. I think I backtested them, with the strategy testing bar(if thats the right way to backtest them?). I tried the 5 most renowned ones-the ones found here http://www.earnforex.com/mt4_expert_advisors.php)

These expert advisors would supposedly generate profit. All turned out to be unprofitable. From that experience, im very sceptical to pure mechanical trading, since the results just seemed too random.

I still believe in tecnical trading, but I believe there are far few parametrars to your disposal, at least with MT4(though, i havnt set up a strategy by myself, but i can hardly picture how my strategies could be mechanized).

#11     Jan 13, 2008
  2. Another lamb to the slaughter!

:p

#12     Jan 14, 2008
  3. What are you referring to?

#13     Jan 14, 2008
  4. Isn't it obvious? If not then really, don't worry about it :)

#14     Jan 14, 2008
  5. drasfs

drasfs

I only tried out the expert advisor with back testing.Didnt even bother forward testing them. All of them generated negative results. And if there are thousands of people trying to mechanize, all with poor results,isnt it reasonable to think that having a 100% mechanized system isnt the easiest thing?

#15     Jan 14, 2008
  6. drasfs

drasfs

Im learning about metatrader 4. How hard is it to learn the MQL-4 language(if you have never programmed before) in order to set up your own expert advisor?

#16     Jan 15, 2008
  7. The biggest problem with MT4 is who it connects you to.

#17     Jan 15, 2008
  8. Who said it would be easy?
    It is supposed to be easy?

#18     Jan 15, 2008
  9. drasfs

drasfs

I also heard the broker isn't the most reliable one. However, i just wanted to use it for backtesting, and maybe forward testing in demo mode. Or are there problems associated with this too?

#19     Jan 15, 2008
  10. drasfs

drasfs

So you are telling me that profitable expert advisors exist?

Not that I dont believe it. I'm just sceptical.

#20     Jan 15, 2008