Getting Funding for Trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockpredictor, Feb 20, 2021.

1. The other reason I need more capital is because of the technical phenomenon that occurs with my trading in that a failure results in breakeven, barely. Thus, option theta results in a loss while it won't with stock. However, stock does not return as much. The 10-15% gain trading only stock is assuming a good month. I don't have losing months but the low return on stock is one reason why leverage is needed. Trading stock is like easy mode

#61     Feb 22, 2021
  2. themickey

themickey

Greed will get you in the end, no escaping.

#62     Feb 22, 2021
  3. My trades are too good to ever have a losing week. I'm strong, ain't I?

#63     Feb 22, 2021
  4. Thor

Thor

Don't waste your time looking for funding or trading for a friend. Once your friend sees what can be done you may be locked in for life.

I've seen some of your trades, like watching a burger flip and it lands on the wrong side up, but an igloo has only one entrance and exit......because it's almost a complete circle which makes it easier to figure out where the suckers are and aren't.
    Either way it's the matter of time vs pressure vs direction.

I may have said something so you know that I know, what your're doing. :D

Take more time to focus on better entries so that you can trade options. Go OTM using a base amount you can afford to lose with the goal of making 2x to 7x on your trade.

Once you have a winning trade reinvest the full amount into another position with the same goal of 2x to 7x, and if you win again restart from your base amount. Don't try to roll the full money.

In time you will get a 3x by 5x, or a 5x by 2x, don't get overconfident and raise the bar.
    Whatever happens stick to your base amount. As the stakes increase so does pressure.

#64     Feb 22, 2021
    rb7 and stockpredictor like this.
  5. This friend is super loaded. I can jump ahead and get it made quick, then simply trade on my own afterwards.

You're an astute guy. Message me and we can discuss some things, if you want.

What do you mean by x multipliers? Like an options trade of 200-700% gain? And base amount meaning original position size? What I'm doing is using 2 weeks out options and hitting singles for 10-20% per trade most of the time. Sometimes it ends up being a 30%, but 40-50% is rare homerun. Also, and you probably already know, but the point at where the suckers are allows me to get out without loss. Eg if I lose at the slot machine, the coin I put in just comes right back, and if I win, more coins come. Weeklies don't allow me to do this because the time it requires to get to the breakeven is too great of a theta cost.

#65     Feb 22, 2021
    Thor likes this.
  6. Thor

Thor

The choice is yours, I'm looking ahead.

Yes, aim for >200% on your trades. Base amount is 1% of total capital, or whatever you are comfortable with.

You are going 2 weeks out, that is absolutely correct. Also, go as far out OTM as possible after evaluating the expected move size. There have been times I've gone 10 strikes OTM. :p

I totally forgot to mention in my earlier post, you will have to swing trade. Your existing system will work as it is, just refine the entry.

#66     Feb 22, 2021
    stockpredictor likes this.
  7. I used to go in ~33% of account per trade. A bit much drawdown at times. 20% seems best.

Expected move size is tricky. There are certain technical phenomena which shows ambiguity in terms of the time vs pressure vs direction idea. This is the Markov chain I was referring to somewhere I think- its like a multiple choice question with certain scenarios occurring which eliminates certain possibilities. Intraday is included in the chain which doesn't let me swing. If I wrongly select the event type, it still results in breakeven (usually) within the allotted timeframe. This is why I avoid swings- it won't allow me to take advantage of this phenomenon. But if the entry is correct and I close it quickly within that timeframe, I lose out on the swing. My only idea is to scale out if profitable and close entirely if it becomes breakeven.

#67     Feb 23, 2021
  8. Got what I wanted :)

#68     Feb 23, 2021
  9. hilmy83

hilmy83

you robbed the bank?

#69     Feb 23, 2021
    stockpredictor likes this.
  10. End of March, I think I'll show you something cool.

#70     Feb 23, 2021
    hilmy83 likes this.