Getting fired?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

Interesting! You said something that piqued my interest: combativeness and retaliation...

I have nothing but a reputation of doing work that has never been done b4 at the firm and the executives have noticed thus the nice bonus for such a short tenure and promotion from consultant to full-time employee.

So if I appear that I might raise hell and scream lawsuit then they might give more than 1 month severance? I'm also a minority.

Nice advice!

#11     Apr 24, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

I'm assuming you mean he is harassing you in some way. Do this: Take notes on him for three months. Then report him.

If your complaint is legitimate and you call his bluff, you make yourself way less vulnerable.

He's trying to set you up. Why don't you set him up?

#12     Apr 24, 2011
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Your boss might just be frustrated with the situation and trying to make you feel like you should resolve it by working a lot of overtime or something, who knows, maybe his underwear is uncomfortable... I always had the policy of never trying to make up for krappy management policies, I just did the work that was interesting and let the other chips play wherever they fell, they weren't my chips now, were they?

The other posters are right, kissing the boss's ass is the way to go every time... find out what his hobby is and take it up...

#13     Apr 25, 2011
  4. Gotta turn this around.

If this is the situation, assignments coming from higher ups than through your "manager" your manager somehow lost respect along the way. Work shouldn't flow the way you describe.

Your manager has the problem, not you.

If your manager is showing frustration, you should flat out tell him to help you with your senior management projects and when that is finished you'll help him with "his" work.

It would be pretty funny if you end up with your "manager" helping you look good to senioor management.

#14     Apr 25, 2011
  5. Let it simmer and it will blow up.

You can leave the company, request a different boss or get the boss fired. Consider probabilities of success/failure. Then the aftermath of success/failure. So glad I took a game theory class in college.

#15     Apr 25, 2011
  6. Gcapman

Gcapman

Okay so today went well with my manager

I'll take it month by month to see how it goes

I gotta do a lotta ass kissing in the next few months but it's worth it since the only problem I've ever had with trading is margin

So now the more cash I have, the less margin leverage I need

Ideally I want to use 2x leverage and anywhere near $50K in cash should do me well

Thanks for all the awesome advice guys!! :D

#16     Apr 25, 2011
  7. A piker would handle this by kissing the superiors ass. You need to go G. Gordon Liddy on this joker...

Start with planting some offiice supplies in his brief case so that he gets caught... This won't get him fired, but it will raise red flags..

Next, when he is at lunch, plant some pics of the head bosses kids on his hard-drive. Put them in a folder named "fresh meat" and anonymously tip off security that you caught this sicko giving it a toss to pics on his computer.

G. Rennick Liddy out:cool:

#17     Apr 25, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Years ago, when I had more above me than I do now, and sometimes found myself in that position, I would resort to what I learned in the military: follow your last given order. I found it effective to call my manager a "commander" and tell him the captain had ordered me off his tasks. Imho civies, men at least, seem to respect the concept when put in the original terms.

#18     Apr 25, 2011
  9. look at it as an opportunity to quit, start a social networking site, (ie. for Women who like Icelandic Midgets) and be a billionaire in 2 years.

#19     Apr 25, 2011
  10. Thoughts on severance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWkECFGHRI
    (LOL)

The axe is swinging, slowly, above your head.
    Either get in line with your boss, or get out from under the axe by going somewhere else.

#20     Apr 26, 2011