Getting fat and the kids are driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by stevegee58, Feb 10, 2010.

1. yepso

yepso

my workout, I never miss. I learned my lesson just as you are.

225# t bar rows- 3 sets 8
    90# dumbbell rows w/chains- 3 sets 8
    315# bar shrugs- 3 sets 8
    65# upright dumbbell rows- 3 set 8
    65# standing dumbbell presses- 3 sets 8
    75# incline dumbbell flyes 3 sets 8
    neck isos 3 sets 8 sec

every other day in a circuit one exercise to the next exercise 3 cycles to complete the 3 sets

cardio off days

jump rope 3 sets
    plyo side to sides 3 sets
    hurdler strides 3 sets

I take- EAS Phospagen Elite, EAS Glutamen, highly recommend Eggology- protein. Also I'd be remiss if I didn't say I drink a fair amount of beer, I believe it's my secret to good health.

#11     Feb 10, 2010
  2. dozu888

dozu888

trading is a good choice only for people who are passionate about it.

making money, getting out of commute and 'corporate crap' are not the right reasons.

Making money is far easier in something that has a 'positive expectancy'.... trading is probably among the worst.... you are trying to take money away from other players.

This is similar to any competitive sports - except it's even worse than sports in the expectancy part...... sports usually have sponsorship/viewership money coming into the pool that the players are competing for.... trading doesn't.

commuting the corporate politics are over-bashed by those who don't know how to cut it.

one should consider working in a corporation as an entrepreneur situation (where you are running your own biz, leveraging the established success of the corporation), instead of an employment situation (where you punch hours for a salary).

as long as one can find his passion, it makes no difference to work in a corporation, or trade at home.

#12     Feb 10, 2010
  3. dcvtss

dcvtss

Hey stevegee I hear you about the storm I'm down in Montgomery County, plenty of opportunity to shovel coming up here soon, that should keep you in shape my back is still sore from the weekend!

#13     Feb 10, 2010
  4. Here's what I do:

1. I have a home office with a door and a sign that says "DO NOT DISTURB." I tell my wife and kids that when that sign is on the door I am not to be bothered unless the house is on fire.

2. I work out every day. Pushups, situps, stretching, walking and eliptical machine. When the market is slow is a great time to do some pushups and situps. When the market closes (1:00pm here on the west coast) I go for an hour long walk to clear my head.

3. I make sure I spend time with my kids (ages 9 & 12) every day so they don't feel deprived or feel the need to bother me in my office. If I don't do that, we have problems. I also take a lot of time off from trading when my kids are out of school. It's good break for me and the kids love it.

4. I schedule my meals and do my best every day to stay on schedule. My calories for the day are my budget. If I exceed my budget I get fat.

The more I schedule my life, the easier it is to manage. I still go to my kids' activities and spend a lot of time with my wife, but the 8 hours a day I spend trading and working out is MY TIME. Monday through Friday that leaves 8 hours for sleep and 8 hours for my family. Weekends and days off are family time.

#14     Feb 10, 2010
  5. jorgez

jorgez

all sounds too robotic and hard work for my taste

#15     Feb 10, 2010
  6. why don't you rent your own little office and trade from there...away from the home

#16     Feb 10, 2010
  7. yepso

yepso

Good Stuff TomDavis.

#17     Feb 10, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

after 20 years of marriage and about 10 years of daytrading my weight is about same as it was before my army years. it's all about self discipline. just like in trading. as for kids-get a bigger house,fix it yourself(very good exercise)

#18     Feb 10, 2010
  9. Tom Davis..what so you trade? ES, stocks, CL..etc,

#19     Feb 10, 2010
  10. Good guess. I trade ES & CL.

#20     Feb 10, 2010