Getting exercised

Discussion in 'Options' started by failed_trad3r, May 10, 2010.

1. ptrjon

ptrjon

failed trader. you need to stop. you are harming the people that read your posts, and greatly harming your net worth, and possibly your credit rating by trading the way you do.

I suggest you put all your money into a savings account, or even perhaps a mutual fund.

Then find another hobby, perhaps a sport. Or maybe watch tv.

Option 2 is continue losing all your money and then some.

#11     May 10, 2010
  2. No, European options are European because if they weren't, they'd be American. Of course, you could buy(sell) both and have a Euromerican position but then that would be like eating Freedom Fries. Make sense now?

#12     May 10, 2010
  3. joe4422

joe4422

Failed, why don't you check out 888options.com, that should help.

#13     May 10, 2010
  4. I dont get it.

In IB, I write an European stock ticker.

Then I view Optiontrader.

Then right-click an option, contract info, description.

Exercise style says American.

This is on European Stock!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

WHY??!!!

#14     May 11, 2010
  5. MTE

MTE

Is this a joke or you seriously don't know what American/European means in the context of options!?

American, European has nothing to do with the domicile of the underlying stock. American-style options can be exercised at any time prior to expiration, European-style options can only be exercised on expiration day.

Generally speaking, options on equities (worldwide) are American style, index options, on the other hand, are European style.

I've said this before, I'll say it again, pick up a basic book on options and read it.

#15     May 11, 2010
  6. Right click is for American. Left click is for European, unless you're left handed.

#16     May 11, 2010
  7. Most brokers charge a fee (higher than that of a stock trade).
    Others charge no fee, and it is free.

Examine your broker's fees and commissions. It should be on their web page.

Mark

#17     May 12, 2010