Getting down and dirty is where the rubber meets the road ...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by charts, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ammo

ammo

theres plenty of jh bashers on et,most of em scum, groucho said i wouldnt want to belong to any club that would have me as a member

#591     Jun 30, 2010
  2. ehorn

ehorn

As the market dictates...

#592     Jun 30, 2010
  3. On Monday we took a look at the very basic use of trends. We observed the briefest observable on a given time frame.

We also saw how a monthly chart depicts the economic and econometric climate on monthly charts.

In both,we can look at adjacent bars and see that the 10 cases are at play, as well. So is the parallelogram which is the container of the pattern.

Logic theory and paradigm theory are required when a person does to science of applying cases and contructing the hypotheses that govern the market's operations.

The thinking of the times when creating such was much like what was made famous by Darvas. He was solicited to write up his approach since it was so newsworthy at the time. The financial industry was not used to seeing an "outsider" do as he wished and get results that had not been seen before by an amateur.

Measuring the HS was chosen in such a way that the way mainframes worked at that time could be used. I just wanted to use an 024 or 026 to punch cards to keep records on a scientific mainframe. It became much faster and easier to just plot v, p cycles by hand and use binary logic to make money.

Volume always was the driver (the IF of the hypothesis) and price behaved accordingly (the THEN of the hypothesis).

On Tuesday, we combined the v and p by using the parallelogram trends that went from beginning to end on the fastest fractal observable on price.

This was always a reverse and hold strategy from the beginning since binary vectors were involved. I kept it very simple since it was assumed that the trader just wanted to begin on day one and make money by taking all the ticks the market offers. adding contracts from profits at 30 points margin per contract was also simple.

Today we get to deal with bookmarking the pattern as a thrid step.

Tuesday we combined the feastest trends into the pattern by adding the v,p pattern that emerged from the HS and its PM. The Hypothsis Set and its Parametric Measure is a Science type thing and the thinking involves using two theories that have widespread use in Science: logic theory and pardigm theory. Both are foreign to most ET members.

So most readers think I post in a foreign and obtuse language. for them, having the training and mind sets that they do, they are correct in thier kind of thinking. Neither thinking approach is right or wrong.

It is the same as it was for Darvas in the '50's. It was the same for Edison and Tesla. Today you all use Tesla's results and Time magazine writes about how great Edison was.

On Monday we did annotating and trading to make all the ticks the market offered. This is dull and simple and involves drawing lines and following reversal rules for two situations that cover all cases of adjacent bars.

Naturally, this process is objectionable to many who do not think in scientific terms but think in terms of probabilities and betting. Probably most people look at markets as a way to make money by playing the odds. The other way to look at the markets is as a matter of logic theory and paradigm theory.

The paralleogram comes from science. Its nicest characteristic is the fact that adjacent parallelograms overlap.

All the binary aspects of making money, and there are no exceptions, make it one of the most certain money related endeavors in the world.

That is why I made the fifth grader the trader of choice. She just draws lines, buts in book marks and does reversal trades to always stay on the correct side of the market.

Monday's trading revealed that the trends came in groups. So I looked at how these groups were defined by responding to the request to use the whole v, p chart and not just price. Using price only is a limitation that is not scientific.

Monday also illustrated "knowing that you know" as well.

We did see questions that centered on people's difficulty in knowing when an ftt was happening exactly with respect to the time of the ftt. By not being perfectly accurate a person could give up some profits. By not using other tools the person could make it more difficult for himself. By not using leading indicators of price, it could also be more difficult.

So on Tuesday we added the leading indicator of price, named volume, and put the pattern in place for all to use.

We saw the patternhas P's and T's (four) for every 3 price moves. this four to three ratio is hard for non sciene people to conceive of. Who would bet on four volume moves for three price moves? Scientists onlt, it turns out. And fifth graders.

Wednesday is where we nest fractals and use bookmarks on fractals. The pattern is what interlocks the nesting of fractals.

Just look at all of this science being applied and everyone from fifth grade on up could do it if they were so inclined.

Its like solving the oil spill and making money doing it with just a few days work applied to commonly available materials sitting in warehouses surrounding the Dome in New Orleans. Bolts of either kevlar or reinforced rubber could be epoxied together to make a ring (1,000 feet across) of material that could be pleated temporarily and then folded into a pile and put on a trck/barge and lowered to the bottom in 1,000 foot tubes (splice 6 of them in series) and capture ALL the oil spilled. Pumps on barges could suck the surface at 60,000 barrels a day and put it is boats that could take the oil to nearby refineries. Checks would pay for the oil. when the pressure at the well head finally lessen to the technological level for capping it and handling the volume, then the weel goes into a routine status and BP is dissolved and never allowed to work in the industry again.

#593     Jun 30, 2010
    Sprout likes this.
  4. ehorn

ehorn

no noise or anomalies... just the pattern and the routine...

#594     Jun 30, 2010
  5. ehorn

ehorn

The routine keeps you busy and keeps you on the right side...

#595     Jun 30, 2010
  6. Monthly ES June 2010 Close

The Sym Pennant that was present 2 days prior to June monthly close failed to hold as price decreased through the May low wrapping up 06/2010. July will not open as a lateral Formation.

Price and volume are in its first dominant leg down following the Point 3 of the monthly.

#596     Jul 1, 2010
  7. [​IMG]

You quoted me where I made comments on this illustration; it was a later illustration of the series of 20 I made that day.

The first bars in this illustration I had mentioned bar by bar going from bar 6 to bar 12. This was a trend pattern called B2B 2R 2B.

Bar 6 and 12 are FTT's that begin and end a trend.

Read the 8 critical question topics under "Critical tThinking" and look at the three Q's Charles Faulkner suppies to the Author on the next page 191 of TF.

So you ass fell off as a consequence of having that orientaion.

To me, and I do have a high degree of ass retention, there is a thing of beauty about not becoming entranced with the induction promounced by those 8 topics and by Faulkner's orientation, but instead, orienting to Keynes and Carnap (neither are found in the index of TF).

Only 340 people have hit the illustration (hopefully to copy it for good reason).

We bookmarked bar 6 and went long.

beautifully and elegantly bar 7 is an identity with bar 6 and several others commented and agreed on the import of a two bar translation that was the supreme Not VE , Not FTT, the emotional equivalent of a 90 on the EMwave PC.

10 regal minutes of goping from point 1 to point 2 via a T of volume and the RTL of the prior short trend. roughly a trend followers dream in dynamic motion and the feelings of support, comfort and confidence of the ultimate Trend Follower.

This B2B 2R 2B begins just as the first cast with a dry fly on the Flatbrook well after stocking and no one else being there to savor the chill of the water and the sparkle of the dawn throuogh the eastern hemlocks. It is a day that revealed by the first move that the insects Were hatchiiiing from there watery getation into the pure light of early morning.

the line pays out through the clamest cae of the 10, the SYM. nothing is disturbing the flow of the non dominant moment we expected after we tied the B2B dry fly and cast it and raised the tip of the bamboo rod into the sunlight just like setting the book mark to being to fish for the aclimated trout so dear to our cast iron frying pan. Breakfast will come in 20 minutes or so.

2r and 2R have finished and another wavelet is spawned by downstream rocks and their close by summerged pebles. there is no obstraction just the ripples within a lateral boundary where a leas volatile translation of the flow continues to occur.

the line is out and it is not slack; it has "tells" all the while as we fish the pool to be able to extract the fullest living offer for the environment of the flow. Our line takes the 2B bait to the darkest part of the pool.

A stitch lets us pay out more dry floating line that veaves between the boundary flow constraints. we touch the right side and move into the middle where more current lies and the streching of the line takes to more fruitfult waters.

A close on a BBid becomes a BAsk open. We raise the rod tip from its lowest position and look for a failure the traverse the riffle at the end of the pool.

We see the bar become full and the volume "tell" occurs.

The 2B is SET!!!! and we take the Flatbrook's offer, detach or catch and attach an R2R and cast across the RTL to snag a short one and then rebait with an B2B and watch the line pay out once again pulling quickly across to the first VE on the LTL. We are going to pay out a lot of line in this one..........

So that illustration tells a story through the 10 cases and the pattern and the annotatins of M of MADA. There is the ADA of MADA as well.

the day of this illustation there was text and illutrations of the day.

I did the carryover too so you ould enter on the open on the right side of the market. Same for Tuesday and the next day's carryover.

Each day I added the envelopes of the slower fractals and we got to the ecomometric and economic level in three days. Each day more than doubles the trading capital.

So your ass fell off; at least you wre laughing. some people are laughing all the way to the bank.

I am finishing up five books as a suite on my 53 year romance with the markets. Naturally, they will be written as thrillers that they are and no one can put down. The glossaries and references and indicies will be stellar.

I guess the hard thing will be giving them out; people will have to come out of hiding, I guess.

#597     Jul 2, 2010
    Sprout likes this.

8. Lets not construe this as an interview since it begins in such a narrow realm.

I feel it is very understandable for most potential traders and for employees of the financial industry to not be able to evaluate anything I say in a reasonable manner.

That is why I mentioned how topics for questions that are involved in critical thinking come into view.

It is very unlikely that a person who looks at economics or econometrics to consider pool extraction.

My stilted view of the huge pools in the financial industry is that they are there for the taking as a means to solve problems that require capital in the problem solving.

As a critical thinker, I view that the market's operation includes a concept that I call "the market's offer".

I view "taking" in a problem solving context.

So I did not expect any "problem solving " to appear in TF nor did I expect any mention of how thinking, in "problem solving" terms to be present.

I am mostly casual when I make references to authors who do not deal with "problem solving".

It is the business of the financial industry to relate to "outsiders" in such a manner "to make money" off outsiders. The financial indutry tries to perserve their pools and "grow" their pools.

In economics and econometrics there is room for a "condition" in markets that could be called "evaporation". It is more commonly not on the books since the finacial industry no longer "marks to market".

So, suffice to say, it is very difficult for anyone who is a potential trader or a worker in the financial industry to deal with my occupied niche in the infinite scheme of things. People who are documentors of the financial industry has lee of a chance to understand, apparently.

A while back I gifted the pattern the Covel as a helpful gesture. He put it in the category of "gibberish" which is a writer's non technical term for part of the spectrum of information.

In problem solving and in critical thinking, people reach conclusions. conclusions fit into many forms and categories.

My conclusions fit into the paradigm category for the over reaching umbrella of the conclusions.

A hierarchy of factual results that can be applied also exist.

These include principles, concepts and the more pragmatic applications.

My standard, as would be surmised, is the market's offer.

Performance of solutions is a pragmatic matter.

In my case, the reason why I am regarded as a nut or moron, is very clear.

It is a matter of comparing two standards. Covel's, Derman's Taleb's and Bass's are either conventional or author oriented. Mine are market offer oriented.

There simply is no overlap among these two spectrums. They are beside each other.

No real opinion research has ever been done on the two spectrums. Informally, 4 out of 5 persons, reject my problem solving solutions. This is a perfectly normal application of two separate and non overlapping spectrums.

In the future, resolution of the current context will be done. The people who do the resolution will enjoy it just as Paul Harvey used to enjoy telling ends of stories in which he took interest.

So the vast majority of people conclude, based on their standards, that I am unbelievable and either a nut or a moron. Those who use my approach think otherwise.

Everyone feels very fortunate that they know best.

Personally, I get to enjoy not meeting those who call me names. They also do not get to make any money off me.

The psychology surrounding all of this is getting to be apparent. More and more science is revealing just how the mind works and grows.

Trading is one of the most profound examples of mind function and growth and performance. There is no way to cheat the markets and take the market's offer if the mind is not on the job. When the mind is grown and fully differentiated, it really does the job. It is an ATS.

On the other hand, there are some really terrific financial industry movies out there and they came about by movie makers doing what they do. That's entertainment for you.

Covel did a book on Trend Following. It is subtitled: How Great Traders Make Millions in Up or Down Markets.

This thread took a week and started with one contract to get Mysteron to 100K days with 50 contracts. Well 500 contracts just translates to million dollar days on one market. Why not use 80 or so markets each day?

We should make a movie that lasts a week and starts with 1 contract. Does anyone know an elementary school where it could be shot????

#598     Jul 2, 2010
    Sprout likes this.
  9. emac

emac

ehorn,

TQ for putting up the chart. Just to get it straight, the gaussians from 9:50 to 12:2o, it is supposed to be red part of the r2r, right ?

The routine keeps you busy and keeps you on the right side... [/QUOTE]

Very nicely done, good catch !

#599     Jul 3, 2010
  10. ehorn

ehorn

I would see it as 2B (\) in the nesting of fractals. HTH

[​IMG]

• 2b.png
      File size:
      63.3 KB
      Views:
    #600     Jul 3, 2010