Getting data via excel though yahoo.com

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by WhiteOut56, Nov 6, 2011.

1. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

What you guys are describing is a method to download data MANUALLY everyday...which is easy but time consuming. The add-in I provided above does this automatically. Excel will go to MSN.com and automatically download the info when you open the Excel file with this add-in. NO cutting or pasting or adjusting the columns or anything.

#11     Nov 8, 2011
  2. XLQ from qmatix offers an Excel add in that can pull a variety of market data from a variety of sources, including Yahoo. It costs on the order of $100 and I've found it to be well worth the money.

#12     Nov 8, 2011
  3. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

I checked this out just now. VERY NICE. I may have to give this a go. The one I posted is not that powerful,..but at least its free.

#13     Nov 8, 2011
  4. #14     Nov 8, 2011
  5. dudez, i wrote a program in a well know scripting language that scrapes 5 diff websites, including yahoo every x seconds for realtime and delayed data, merging them into one gigantic feed of charts and scans.

if you can see it, it can be imported. no need to ask.
    [​IMG]

#15     Nov 8, 2011
  6. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

If this is true,...then why in the world would you make a post like the following earlier today? Seems like you have contradicted yourself in less than 8 hrs.

#16     Nov 8, 2011
  7. keepzyahonestdontit?

i c the recent members have trouble keeping up with me.

I gave another winning realtime ES trade out today. Two actually, keeping my 95% win rate intact.

It's probably closer to 100% but I don't want to appear too ambitious.

#17     Nov 9, 2011
  8. HquotesPro (lifetime license) was dong all this automatically for me into Metastock format - then, a year later had to install on a new computer but had lost the registry key file so now have to do updates manually thru' Yahoo.

Registry key, anybody?

Note: Company is either out of biz or just too lazy to reply.

#18     Nov 9, 2011
  9. I second this recommendation, this is the best Excel market data add-in I have found.

#19     Nov 9, 2011
  10. Very nice utility.

#20     Jan 15, 2012