getting correct symbols from IQFeed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by junkone, Aug 26, 2017.

1. junkone

junkone

i tried to download teh symbols from http://www.dtniq.com/product/mktsymbols_v2.zip

The number of stocks listed in nasdaq is 3.5k [​IMG]
    but the number of stocks that in thier symbols lookup is showing is >63k. its the same >63k for nasdaq in the zip file too.[​IMG]
    how do i filter out the right symbols from mktsymbols_v2 zip file. the zip file matchs thier website but there seems to be too much symbols for LSE and Nasdaq that dont align with the counts provided by the exchange.

2. DaveV

DaveV

Perhaps I don't understand your goal, but why don't you simply use the symbol lists from Nasdaq and LSE?

3. junkone

junkone

i just wanted to use one source to update the symbols weekly in amibroker as the data is provided by iqfeed and the symbol format need the match the source. The symbol format for LSE has a specific prefix.

4. Metamega

Metamega

Just do what I use to do with iqfeed and amibroker for Canadian stocks. I'd use notebook++ and add the suffixes to all with the add to beginning/ add to end tools.

Think you could even do it with excel. Think theirs some functions to add/change in cells.

I usually had to add C. To all tickers and change any "-" to a "." To match iqfeeds format.

Generally I just grabbed some sort of stock filter and filtered out by price and volume so I wasn't looking at all these oddball preferred shares and different classes and penny stocks, all that illiquid crap I call it lol.

Sure you could google this way better then myself trying to remember what I'd do and type it up.