Getting back in The Game

Discussion in 'Journals' started by doublea, Jun 30, 2011.

1. doublea

doublea

I have traded in the past with moderate success, managed to make some here and lose some there. I have been out of the market for a few years and now want to give it a shot. I just funded my account and will start trading tomorrow. I will trade NQ and/or ES. I will try NQ for a month and if I am profitable and want to increase size, I may give ES a try.

My general method is trading divergences between indexes, primarily Russell, Nasdaq and S&P. The indicator that I use is MACD (4,13,4) and will trade on the direction of MACD only. It's a pullback method where I wait for the price to pullback and I want to see a divergence between the indexes. I expect the Russell to show strength before Nasdaq or S&P.

I will trade reversals too, when I see strong divergences between the indexes.

My target is usually 21 ticks. I have certain scenarios where it could be higher. I always use a trailing stop usually 1 or 2 ticks below the previous 5 min bar.

Wish me luck.

2. doublea

doublea

+212 today. Calling it a day.

3. doublea

doublea

I was supposed to go somewhere but the person that was picking me up got stuck on a traffic so I had time for 1 more trade. My indicator and analysis pointed that a reversal was likley, so I had a short trade. I traded 1 only because the market has been really strong today. I got stopped out with a trailing stop.

Total: +243

4. doublea

doublea

It was an okay day today. Traded good in the early morning with 2 winning trades. The last 2 trades were both losses. I should have used a trailing stop on the 4th one, which would have cost me 1 tick, but ended up losing 8 on that. This was a mistake on my part. Still positive for the day with a gain of 268.

5. doublea

doublea

-$71 today on 2 trades.

Didn't get to trade in the morning as I had some other business to attend. There were 2 good long entries that would have been good for 21 ticks. The other actual 2 trades were both losses. In hindsight, I should have stayed out of the first one since Russell was diverging from Nasdaq and I should not have been long. On the second one I was expecting a reversal which did happen but I got stopped out (trailing stop) for a tick loss. I had another opportunity to go short after 12.15 bar which would have been good for 21ticks.

Even with the losses today, my losses are still small to my profits and I am able to identify the direction. Will see how tomorrow and rest of the month plays out to see if I want to continue doing this or not.

My ultimate goal is to be able to trade 10 contracts with an average gain of 21ticks a day, or 2 points in ES.

6. emg

emg

what is your starting capital?

7. doublea

doublea

$4,000 at this point, but if I can make money for the next 3 months, I can add more money to the account. My goal is to be able to trade 10 in 12 months.

8. damn you just let emg set you up

9. emg

emg

are u using any type or plan to subscribe 3rd party educational/system/indicator vendors? is this a hobby or part time? Also, are u paying $4.02 per side in commission and fees?

10. doublea

doublea

I don't think I understand your first question. I do not subscribe to any indicators/vendors. Like I said in my first post I trade divergences between indexes...pretty simple. For me it is part time because I have other businesses, that is why I am trading small with limited capital. I am paying $4.02 roundtrip.

#10     Jul 7, 2011