Getting around PDT rules

Discussion in 'Trading' started by futuretrade, Aug 8, 2003.

1. But its almost impossible to learn to day trade with a small account.

You need at least 50k, not buying power, but cold hard cash, and be ready to give up some money to learn.

And to work as a Prop - maybe 1% of the traders make it.

#21     Aug 8, 2003
  2. it could work but will be a pain in the ass........go join a LLC run by honest people and you will be better off

#22     Aug 8, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

4. these PDT rules should be done away with. THEY ARE NOT WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT. the people that approved them should be thrown in jail.

ROCK

#24     Aug 8, 2003
  5. tuna

tuna

Know nothing about them but if i was back trading fulltime this would be worth a serious look i think.

Seems to be what SEC's acheiving ....pushing people in over their heads to get around their stupid rules......

Through DirectNet's Select and Select + trading accounts, active online and direct access clients trading 250k shares per month or less can take advantage of our private supplemental leverage and comprehensive network of broker dealers and software providers to dramatically increase trading capabilities and reduce opportunity costs. Open an account today with as little as $5k and instantly access $50k or 10 to 1 intra-day buying power with any of our affiliated brokers.

http://www.directnettrading.com/selectaccounts-accountleverage.htm

#25     Aug 8, 2003
  6. Pabst

Pabst

No shit. I bet Russia doesn't have a PDT rule.

#26     Aug 8, 2003
  7. JT47319

JT47319

The spread on the e-minis is actually an advantage. Using IB commissions, a single tick in your favor means that at the very least, your commissions are covered. Can you say the same about stocks and getting a single penny going in your favor?

#27     Aug 9, 2003