Getting a trading job with a criminal record - possible?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by theguest666, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Solicitation of a same-sex prostitute is still "don't ask, don't tell" so you're in. You can thank Bill and Hillary.

#21     Jun 20, 2009
  2. I think you are best sued for a job in the NY Atty's office or the Justice Department.

#22     Jun 20, 2009
  3. Hopefully, the app won't ask something like: have you ever been convicted of a crime? I have seen questions on E&O insurance apps that ask "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" It might even have asked: "Have you ever been charged with a felon?" Even if you scrub your record, you still must answer the questions honestly.

#23     Jun 20, 2009
  4. drcha

drcha

They can only find out about your record if either of the following happens:

1. You tell them.

2. They check.

There is no reason to assume that #2 is true. Plenty of places are too lazy to check. As for #1, you'll have to decide for yourself what to do.

#24     Jun 21, 2009
  5. That might have been on a State license app, but I seem to rememebr a very weird question on the "E&O" apps I fill out every year.

#25     Jun 21, 2009
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I am pleased to know I am not the only one spending every friday evenings hacking WIFI networks... Thanks Dude.

#26     Jun 22, 2009
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

LOL!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!

I think he'd be a better fit working for BAC/Merrill Lynch. Lol!!! I was a Broker at Mother Merrill some years ago. This guy would be a perfect fit! Lol!!!

Merrill
    Smith Barney
    m ORGAN stanley
    Goldman-ass-cracks
    Wells fago (aka:wack-over-ya)
    Etc.,
    These should be a good fit for him.

Btw, the facts. A felony bars you for ten years from a Finra (fine-ya) Firm. i.e., that's all B/D's, meaning no commissions for you.

Your misdemeanors, are simply disclosure events for your U4.

Can't you get a job working for oDUMBa's "Economic" staff instead of killing your Clients financially, thus making them have to work at Wendy's at age 70?

I'm a IAR, and S7 Broker. We don't need ANY more guys like you "helping" people make the right decisions that benefit THEM rather than you imo!!! Good luck with the due dilligence process! Hope you've got plenty of ink in your pen. You've got some "splaining" to do.

#27     Jun 22, 2009
  8. Just dont tell them it was a male prostitute.

#28     Jun 23, 2009
  9. LMAO, the funniest post, ever (or at least for the week)!. :D

#29     Jun 23, 2009
  10. I think this is really great idea because you have given the hint that what we can do if somebody need helps in some decision. Actually I love to write with the ink pen you are the person who game me the idea. So thanks for that and from now I 'll always use the ink pen.

#30     Jul 7, 2010