Getting a trading job with a criminal record - possible?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by theguest666, Jun 16, 2009.

1. monty09

monty09

I did a few days in jail and worked for a BB. It was a mistake but still on my record. I have had to write a letter explaining to every HR once they run a background check. I am up front with it from the start and have not had an issue.

#11     Jun 20, 2009
  2. I wouldn't hire you just based on the idea that anyone dumb enough to get busted for any 1 of these things, let alone all 3, must be a freakin idiot.

#12     Jun 20, 2009
  3. Surdo

Surdo

He is being honest, why chastise him for being candid?

You, my friend, are a jerkoff!

You never got a BJ in the car or experimented with 420?

#13     Jun 20, 2009
  4. TGregg

TGregg

So you're smokin' a joint, hitting the free pr0n sites from the neighbor's unlocked net connection. You go into a chat room, and offer a handful of benji's to a local for a visit. But the local is a copper and they knock on his door at 3AM to arrest him. After they wake him up and spend a few minutes in his house, everybody realizes that the perp is the guy with the lights on next door. You've been inhaling so you don't notice the long arm of the law `til you order a pizza and they knock on your door. Busted.

Geez, couldn't you plead this down? You didn't represent yourself, did you?

Or maybe it was a lot worse, and you did plead it down. Like kiddie pr0n on the PC and a locked up "girlfriend" down in the basement.

Might be worth doing your own background check to see WTF people can dig up. If you have something a bit more "upscale" than this behind the scenes, you'll want to know if that's hidden.

Also, if this was some years ago and you've been a good boy since (or never got caught anyway), you can get your record expunged. Cost ya a few large, but it might be worth it. But, I'm not a lawyer, and this advice is almost worth the cost of nothing.

#14     Jun 20, 2009
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Getting a trading job with a criminal record - possible?"

You could always start your own ponzi scheme hedge fund.

Those seem to be popular these days.

#15     Jun 20, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

why don't u explain how it is done after u figure out the location of your zipper.

if u succeed go to a dictionary and look up the word empathy.

#16     Jun 20, 2009
  7. you never know, hacking WiFi can be serious.

maybe he was outside a bank and tried to hack into bank employee personal computers to get customer info.

or in front of strangers' houses to steal pictures or personal info or other illegal stuff.

or stealing financial info from hacking into networks

or a terrorist..

this can be anything...

maybe he hacked into my ET and just posted this??

we need details.

#17     Jun 20, 2009
  8. There are plenty of smart people with clean records who need jobs. Why would they hire you?

#18     Jun 20, 2009
  9. monty09

monty09

I dont think having a clean/bad record means much. Sad but true.

#19     Jun 20, 2009
  10. topherea

topherea

Several people have shadows. Those with shadows who apply to be police officers many times want to know what's actually on the books and not on the books, so, what they do is:

*hit up the FBI's criminal record division on their website and print a fingerprint card

then

*go down to the local sheriff department and have them fingerprint 'em on the FBI card

then

*mail it to the criminal records division at the FBI to do a criminal background check, and have them mail the results back to you.

There is a division specifically set up for this.

Total cost: $30ish printing + criminal report :)

This is at least a starting point to let you know what you're working with.

#20     Jun 20, 2009