Getting a McJob ain't easy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, May 9, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

I suppose this is what's meant by "jobless recovery".

The unemployed sit on their ass and collect welfare. And the Government runs 10% deficits. Problem solved.

#11     May 10, 2011
  2. That's easier than "getting things back on track"..

#12     May 10, 2011
  3. Luckily I have experience. 1968 I worked at McD's with starting pay of 90 cents an hour for bagging burgers. Worked my way up through being "Shake Man", "Fry Man" and finally "Grill Man". Took all of six months and was bringing in tall cash at that point of $1.35 an hour.:eek:

#13     May 10, 2011
  4. I worked at McD's in 1985. I think at that point I was getting $2 and something per hour. I consider it a good experience. Managers were suportive but expected us to work hard. Plus half price food was great for a 12 year old kid :) Good for McD's

#14     May 10, 2011
  5. samus

samus

I worked at every shitty job there was when I was in high school... short order cook on the graveyard shift on the weekends dealing with drunks and idiots, carpenters helper, plumbers helper (once had to clean out the basement of a MacDonalds whose toilet busted), paperboy (try collecting from an asshole who thinks the paper should be free) and believe me, I didn't get rich. But it build a work ethic in me that I have to do this day. I don't depend on "the man" or the government to get by. I see a lot of kids today who think they're owed something, who bitch and moan about the slightest thing that doesn't go their way. Times are tough, but it's no different than before... quit your whining, bust your ass to find a buck and make your way in life on your own without pissing and moaning about how your entitled to a better life. The younger generation doesn't know what it is to work hard and take ownership of their life, but they sure know how to blame the government or someone else.

#15     May 10, 2011
  6. Roark

Roark

What about the unemployed older generation that is in their 50s and 60s?

#16     May 10, 2011
  7. Child labor? Legal? LOL

#17     May 10, 2011
  8. Sure they deserve respect. But more importantly, they need a livelihood - if they are not teenagers living with mom and dad.

#18     May 10, 2011
  9. There was a great picture of this, like 1,000 hands reaching over the counter for an application, and some poor, hapless McD's employee just standing there looking bewildered. Sorry, I'd post it, but couldn't find it again.

#19     May 10, 2011
  10. You are exactly the problem. No one forces anyone to eat there and eating at McDs will not in itself make anyone fat. As long as you eat the fast food part of the menu in moderation. Plus they now have lots of healthy choices.

McDs culture making everyone fat, boo hoo. Grow a spine moron. And no I am not fat. Probably about 10 lbs overweight though. And that would have nothing to do with your argument.

And eating anything in the extreme will make you fat. Be it fast food or five star restaurants, it doesn't matter.

Plus you should get a refund on your ESL classes.

#20     May 10, 2011