Getting a loan to day trade (but not to day trade)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sky123987, Feb 18, 2008.

1. :D

the editor doesnt check my elite trader posts, so such things can happen.

:D :)

#51     Feb 18, 2008
  2. EPrado

EPrado

Pay it back ? Well I had not planned on it. Figured you could write me off in a year or so. Everyone is doin it.

Have not been on here that much....mucho busy. Plus it's kinda boring without Sykes or Seben around. Surf even isnt as entertaining.

#52     Feb 18, 2008

3. i agree-- it's speculative and not quantifiable in this arena, but it still exists.

for example, the start of the tech boom--- had you borrowed capital buying vertical net, ebay, or whatever you would be WAY ahead of the gentlemen who tried to save up for years to obtain the capital to trade with. there are many other examples of why there is nothing wrong with borrowing money to trade with and why its advantageous at times. HOWEVER, as i stated before, NEVER borrow more than you can afford easily to payback should you blow out.

surf

#53     Feb 18, 2008
  4. Damn, I must apologize to surf.

There is a great deal of opportunity cost in paper trading. Sorry, surf, you're right. My bad.

#54     Feb 18, 2008
  5. You don't know something is a boom until it booms. Your opportunity cost is not known until after the fact.

#55     Feb 18, 2008
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Trying to figure this out. If Surf goes to a bank and asks for a loan for his trading, once they approve him do they give him monopoly money since they know he is a paper trader ?

Makes sense right ?

#56     Feb 18, 2008
  7. Correct, and his opportunity cost is that he could have received real money if he promised not to trade.

#57     Feb 18, 2008
  8. EPrado

EPrado

It all makes sense now. I still want to learn more about Surf's rollover trades. You know..the ones where you buy Dec Ym's 3 days prior to expiration and then sell the Dec's 3 days later but you get the March price. Thats facinating stuff. Great strategy.

#58     Feb 18, 2008
  9. Yes, I've seen this strategy. You have to admit, it is a profitable strategy. I just wish he could reveal his implementation secrets so we may all benefit.

#59     Feb 18, 2008

10. correctamundo.

just like TA or any other speculative activity.

no argument here.

surf

#60     Feb 18, 2008