Getting a loan to day trade (but not to day trade)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sky123987, Feb 18, 2008.

1. volente_00

volente_00

go prop or visa

:eek:

#11     Feb 18, 2008
  2. Hey if the guy can trade he doesn't need a loan. End of story.

#12     Feb 18, 2008
  3. The amount of unsecured debt a bank will lend you is not based on assets, at least where I work. It is based on gross monthly income vs current debt (debt-to-income ratio) and credit score.

P.S. I work at a very large credit union. Nothing fly by night. You can argue all day, but I know for a fact it's possible.

Also, how many credit card companies demand assets to approve you for a credit card? LOL Apparently not too many, according to the news. Worst case you could just do cash advances. But the same concept applies with a signature loan. Both are unsecured, one is just an installment and the other is revolving credit.

ATTENTION: I am not necessarily advocating doing something like this- but you are calling me out, and I am telling you that you are wrong.

#13     Feb 18, 2008
  4. I have a fantastic deal @ this one brokerage. I was going to join as the guy said he'd be able to offer me portfolio margin, but then said you have to have 5,000,000. I currently am getting 6 to 1. Going back to 4 to 1 will definitely hurt me

#14     Feb 18, 2008
  5. Not everyone has their mommy and daddy there to bestow upon them $50-100K to play in the markets with. Also not everyone has a job that pays out $100-200K a year either.

Sometimes starting out with $10K and trying to go full time takes quite a while, assuming you want to do it properly and not take on insane amounts of risk.

Why is it a bad business decision? Every business that takes out a loan has faith in their products and performance as well. 95% of them fail too supposedly. What is the difference if you know what you're doing?

Don't knock someone's trading skills or likelihood of success just because they would consider taking out a loan to increase their business capital. It's no more foolhardy than any other business taking a start up loan.

#15     Feb 18, 2008
  6. You are wrong. Banks don't make venture capital loans.

#16     Feb 18, 2008
  7. I suggest you reread my post. Your argument irrelevant. I never said anything about a venture capital loan. I said look into a personal expense/signature loan.In fact I actually said it myself that if you apply for a business loan then you are going to have to jump through a lot of hoops, that it's better to stick with a personal loan.

You are being foolish. Reread my post if you want to argue. READ don't SKIM.

#17     Feb 18, 2008
  8. #18     Feb 18, 2008
  9. You said businesses get start up loans. That is VENTURE capital unless the person borrowing the money has a whole lot more in it than the bank. This guy was talking about getting a loan to start day trading.

#19     Feb 18, 2008
  10. #20     Feb 18, 2008