getting a loan...please read!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 25, 2002.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

Oh man, you had me laughing so hard I almost hit someone and blew up the Pinto!

:cool:

#31     Jul 25, 2002
  2. Fohat

Fohat

Or you can use higher leverage and increase your buying power as if you have +$20k more in your account, without having to take a loan.

For example, with S&P emini futures you can have 20:1 leverage, with Canadian dollar futures 200:1 or more. With single stock futures you'll get 5:1 leverage.

But higher leverage = bigger loss/profit = higher risk. If you don't use it propery and over-leverage bad trades, you can loose more than your account value and end up owing $20k+ as a margin loan.

Overall, higher leverage is much better than an outright loan for the experienced trader. Why take a loan, when with higher leverage you'll get de facto the same result?

Fohat

#32     Jul 26, 2002
  3. don't make me cry.

#33     Jul 26, 2002
  4. Babak

Babak

GG, I second the removal of the pic (cheesy)

also, if you are relying on a car to get some punani, you are definitely doing something wrong.

Maybe a visit here is warranted:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/sextips/

:D

But seriously I wish you the best in trading (and advise against borrowing to trade)

#34     Jul 26, 2002
  5. i shouldn't even respond, but i'll waste a few seconds. since i don't know you, i can't say for sure..but i'd bet i get the girls you dream about. i look like the guys in bowflex commercials.

here's a picture of me... don't use it to send to girls on the internet and pretend you're me. lol

let's see one of you now...since you're so willing to throw stones.

#35     Jul 26, 2002
  6. i see you've already needed some tips! lol just kidding Babak..

#36     Jul 26, 2002
  7. lescor

lescor

I agree with what Don Bright said. If you are trading for a living and are consistently profitable, but it's the size of your account that is holding you back, then join a professional trading firm where they will give you access to as much capital as you need to trade (within limits).

I was in the same position as you and this is why I joined a pro firm.

#37     Jul 26, 2002